Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Get Paid?
284878 07:57 PM 01-21-2015
What type of payment do you except?
Cash
Check
Electronic

I am interested in finding a electronic way to get paid that is free, easy to use, safe, and quick. Tell me about what you use and if you like it.

(Sadly, my credit Union does not allow me to snap a picture of the check.)
Meeko 08:04 PM 01-21-2015
We have enjoyed Venmo. Payment the next day. Free for us and our clients.

I mobile deposit all checks.
Unregistered 08:48 PM 01-21-2015
My dcp pay me via interac e-transfer. They just email me the payment and I deposit it into my account. It costs me nothing and is so much better than doing bank runs every month. I'm in Canada, so not sure if Americans have the same thing.
mduck 10:29 PM 01-21-2015
End of week by check.
Unregistered 03:07 AM 01-22-2015
2 families e transfer, one a cheque and one cash.
Second Home 03:11 AM 01-22-2015
Cash or check .
Unregistered 04:39 AM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My dcp pay me via interac e-transfer. They just email me the payment and I deposit it into my account. It costs me nothing and is so much better than doing bank runs every month. I'm in Canada, so not sure if Americans have the same thing.
Where in Canada? I'm from Canada to.
284878 06:41 AM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by Meeko:
We have enjoyed Venmo. Payment the next day. Free for us and our clients.

I mobile deposit all checks.
Tell me more on how Venmo works. Do any your clients, have any trouble with it?
Leigh 06:50 AM 01-22-2015
Do you use MMK? They have a newer, free e-payment option.
midaycare 07:08 AM 01-22-2015
On time, every week, before services are rendered. I don't care how. Parents pay me in about every way imaginable and switch between how they pay me, too.
284878 08:15 AM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
On time, every week, before services are rendered. I don't care how. Parents pay me in about every way imaginable and switch between how they pay me, too.
Payment is due this morning and she arrived again with out her checkbook. This is the 3rd time. If I do not remind her she forgets. Oh wait, I did remind her, I wrote it on the baby daily report, Along with needing wipes that she did not bring. Daily reports are going to end, (I may do them and just keep for my records.)
I need to get paid, but she is an adult and I should not have to remind her to pay. Thus I am looking for other ways people get paid so I can research them, then she can pay electronically at drop off. NO more excuses.
permanentvacation 08:22 AM 01-22-2015
Cash only and paid on Friday at the time the child is picked up. The payment is paid in advance to reserve the child's space for the upcoming week. Parents can pay weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.

When I first started, I took checks and I was paid on Friday after watching the child for the week. But when a mother of 3 kids 'forgot' her check on Friday and didn't show up Monday only for me to find out they moved over the weekend! I decided then and there to only take cash and to get paid in advance!
Meeko 08:45 AM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by 284878:
Tell me more on how Venmo works. Do any your clients, have any trouble with it?
I have several clients that use it and it's been great so far. Go to the Venmo web site and ir explains exactly how it works. You both have to sign up. Venmo kind of works like a middle man. The client can send payment from their phone or computer. I get a text message and email that tells me "Bill" has sent money. I then go to Venmo and "claim it". very simple and free~!
_Dana_ 08:48 AM 01-22-2015
For the first two weeks of enrollment I accept cash or check. After the trial period is over, I have the parents set up an auto-bill payment to me through our bank. It's a small community, so we all bank with the same company. It's easy, convenient, and doesn't cost me a thing. I know exactly the days I get paid and how much. I love it!
daycarediva 09:01 AM 01-22-2015
Cash, check, credit card. I use square, it's got fees attached (percentage), but the convenience is worth it. The funds are deposited the next business day.
284878 09:10 AM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I have several clients that use it and it's been great so far. Go to the Venmo web site and ir explains exactly how it works. You both have to sign up. Venmo kind of works like a middle man. The client can send payment from their phone or computer. I get a text message and email that tells me "Bill" has sent money. I then go to Venmo and "claim it". very simple and free~!
Does it allow you to invoice / request funds?
Have you every had trouble getting funds over the holiday?
AmyKidsCo 09:23 AM 01-22-2015
Cash, check, money order, automatic transfer. Many banks do automatic transfer for free.
Blackcat31 09:51 AM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Cash, check, money order, automatic transfer. Many banks do automatic transfer for free.
What she said ^^

I also accept payment via many of the assistance programs in my area which are usually paid via direct deposit to my bank account.

I prefer the bank transfer. I leaves a paper trail, is automatically posted to my account and is simple and easy to do.
melilley 10:26 AM 01-22-2015
Cash, check, or money order.
My credit union allows us to take a picture of the checks.
Unregistered 11:42 AM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Where in Canada? I'm from Canada to.
Calgary. And you?
midaycare 11:45 AM 01-22-2015
Payment is due this morning and she arrived again with out her checkbook. This is the 3rd time. If I do not remind her she forgets. Oh wait, I did remind her, I wrote it on the baby daily report, Along with needing wipes that she did not bring. Daily reports are going to end, (I may do them and just keep for my records.)
I need to get paid, but she is an adult and I should not have to remind her to pay. Thus I am looking for other ways people get paid so I can research them, then she can pay electronically at drop off. NO more excuses.
Oh golly gee. Is there a late fee consequence? People sometimes! I would tell her electronic payment only from this point on, payable the Friday before services. If it is questionable as to whether she has a checking account, cash. No more freebies.
Febby 12:05 PM 01-22-2015
My center takes cash, check (unless we've had issues with a specific person's checks not clearing...), money order, and credit/debit card.
284878 01:07 PM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Oh golly gee. Is there a late fee consequence? People sometimes! I would tell her electronic payment only from this point on, payable the Friday before services. If it is questionable as to whether she has a checking account, cash. No more freebies.
Contract says payment is due at drop off on Thursday. Yes there is a late fee, should I charge it at pick up since she did not have it at drop off this morning? Or only charge if she does not pay today?

She is my first and only, I do plan on changing to pay before going forward.

Where are you in MI?
Ariana 02:07 PM 01-22-2015
I get paid by check or email money transfer after care has taken place. I take a 2 week deposit and if payment is late they have a certain amount of time to get the payment to me. If I do not get it within that time frame care is terminated and they forfeit their deposit.
Meeko 07:05 AM 01-23-2015
Does it allow you to invoice / request funds?
Have you every had trouble getting funds over the holiday?
Yes, you can request payment. Funds are in my account the next day. If a holiday is coming up, parents pay early to make sure I get it.

Payment is due every Friday. My Venmo parents schedule the payment on Thursday, so I can have it in my acct on Friday.
Reply Up