Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Cell Ph Charger
legomom922 07:27 AM 03-31-2011
I know we cannot write off our cell phones if it is considered our 1st line, however, one day when I had DCG with me and we were on our way to somewhere, my phone started beeping, and was dying, and I had left my ph charger in my other other car, so I had to stop at tehverizon store & buy another charger, so in this case would I be able to write off the charger because it was something I used indirectly for DC?
TomCopeland 07:41 AM 03-31-2011
Yes, you can deduct other expenses associated with the first phone line into your home: charger, call waiting, cost of the phone, long distance calls, etc.
legomom922 08:20 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Yes, you can deduct other expenses associated with the first phone line into your home: charger, call waiting, cost of the phone, long distance calls, etc.
No, this cell phone is not the the 1st line..
TomCopeland 02:34 PM 03-31-2011
Since your cell phone is not your first line you can still deduct all of these expenses as well as the business portion of the cost of the cell phone line.
TomCopeland 03:16 PM 03-31-2011
Since your cell phone is not your first line you can still deduct all of these expenses as well as the business portion of the cost of the cell phone line.
Michael 07:22 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by legomom922:
I know we cannot write off our cell phones if it is considered our 1st line, however, one day when I had DCG with me and we were on our way to somewhere, my phone started beeping, and was dying, and I had left my ph charger in my other other car, so I had to stop at tehverizon store & buy another charger, so in this case would I be able to write off the charger because it was something I used indirectly for DC?

Are you writing a book on deductions? Make sure Tom gets a cut.
legomom922 04:00 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Are you writing a book on deductions? Make sure Tom gets a cut.
LOL! No but I'm giving Tom an idea to write one soley on deductions!! What do you think Tom?
legomom922 04:03 AM 04-01-2011
So now we can write off the business portion of our cell phones if it is a first line? I am confused, I thought we couldnt...
TomCopeland 08:21 AM 04-01-2011
You can't deduct the cost of the first phone line into your home (monthly bill) but you can claim the business portion of other expenses associated with the first phone line.

I've already written a book on deductions - the Family Child Care Record Keeping Guide. It lists over 1,000 allowable deductions.
legomom922 06:24 AM 04-02-2011
You can't deduct the cost of the first phone line into your home (monthly bill) but you can claim the business portion of other expenses associated with the first phone line.

I've already written a book on deductions - the Family Child Care Record Keeping Guide. It lists over 1,000 allowable deductions.
How about a book for deductions only, which lists thousands and thousands of deductions? So that no one would ever have a question about a deduction, and this book would also have a detailed description of the deduction? You could name it the Family Child Care Book List of Deductions. But if you do this, don't forget my cut...

I would buy it!!
Tags:deduction - cell phone, tom copeland
Reply Up