Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Activity or Book Bags
Josiegirl 02:54 AM 05-01-2017
I'm not sure if a lot of home daycares offer this but I'm starting to work on putting something similar together. Stole the idea from a class but I love it!!
We all know how sensory is important in a child's life and of course reading AND parent involvement. I've offered all my kids' books as a lending library but I think maybe books have been taken home a couple times.

I knew I wanted to start out with an ocean theme so going to the dollar store yesterday, I picked up some blue sand, blue stones, fish stickers. I'm going to make some light blue playdough, add some sea shells. Hunt up some ocean/beach theme books, cut out starfish shapes, add a glue stick, directions to make star fish by adding the blue sand. That's what I've come up with so far. I'm also going to print out a sheet about sensory and literacy, kind of a guide to the box.

My other one I'm working on is letters. I bought letter stickers, letter beads, add some cord. I'm thinking of cutting up some letters out of sandpaper and adding some crayons they can do rubbings with. Anything else you can think of to go with that theme?

I'm having so much fun with this. I feel like a kid myself doing it.

If anyone does these at their child care, can you share?? Or if you have any other theme ideas, or things to add to either of the above, PLEASE share??!! Thanks!!

I absolutely LOVE that it involves parents and extends from their day here to going home.
I will have to replenish and change up as we go along so it will cost a little bit(LOVE dollar stores!!)but the investment will be such a good one, I think. Sorry, just so excited to add something new. LOL
Reply Up