Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Share Your Favorite Action Songs and Rhymes
Stepping 07:25 AM 03-02-2014
I feel like we're stuck in a rotation of itsy bitsy spider and teddy bear, teddy bear!

What are your go to action songs when you need to get the children's attention for a few minutes?
Cradle2crayons 12:22 PM 03-02-2014
Originally Posted by Stepping:
I feel like we're stuck in a rotation of itsy bitsy spider and teddy bear, teddy bear!

What are your go to action songs when you need to get the children's attention for a few minutes?
I know some people hate Barney but he has a lot of good riddles and songs... We use whatever is appropriate to the situation... Today on the way to a field trip we sang some cover our sneeze songs and some manner songs lol
Cynthia 06:21 PM 03-03-2014
Stuck in the mud works every time with my grandson. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw2nif3jt6w
daycare 06:25 PM 03-03-2014
I love the CD H.U.M. Highly Useable Music. It has a song for each month along with a good morning and good-bye.

We love this CD......
Is it bedtime yet? 08:20 PM 03-03-2014
My kiddos favorite is Two Little Blackbirds Sitting on a Hill.

(Hands behind back)
"2 little blackbirds sitting on a hill"
(Bring out one hand at a time)
"One named Jack, one named Jill"
(Put hands behind back one at a time)
"Fly away Jack. Fly away Jill."
(Bring hands back again)
"Come back Jack, come back Jill."

Other variations:

2 little blackbirds sitting in the snow
1 named high, one named low

2 little blackbirds sitting on a cloud
1 named quite, one named loud.

The last one is their favorite. Of course do voices to fit what ever action you are saying. They love when we yell LOUD! You can use this for any opposites. Fast, slow, little, big etc...
LadyMacbeth 01:57 AM 03-04-2014
Our favorite CD is whaddaya think of that? By Laurie Berkner. Great songs, including animal fair which is a class favorite
Unregistered 02:50 AM 07-10-2014
Take one hand and make a fist. Take the other hand and cover the top of your fist......

Poem - Here is the box, here is the lid, I wonder whatever inside it is hid? ( ask one child for an animal). It's a snake no doubt. Open the lid and let him come out (bring hand up, as in opening a lid) sssssssssss

Kids love it! ;-)

Jack In The Box- have kids squat down.

Whisper...Jack in the box sits so still
Louder......Will you come out?
Jump up and yell, "Yes, I will!"!

"The Lady With an Alligator Purse"-this is a song. Too long to type up. Just google it!

There was a little turtle who swam on the rocks
He snapped at a mosquito, he snapped at a flea, and he snapped at me ( clap hand at each "snap"
He caught the mosquito, he caught the flea, but he didn't catch me! (clap each time you say caught and point at self and shake your head after didn't catch me)

And I kind of hate to say this one.....but kids love it and it makes no sense!

The Pizza Hut Song

Pizza Hut, Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut! (Make a round form with your arms for pizza and then a hat shape on you head, flap wings for KFC)

McDonald's, McDonald's (make an M shape with your pointer fingers that starts from the middle of your head, then go up, curve and come down the side of your head), Kentucky Fried Chicen (flap arms) and a Pizza Hut (do action).

It's just the nonsensical type of thing kids love.
Tags:action songs, attention getters
Reply Up