Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Week Registration Fee
Jo123ABC 12:21 PM 07-31-2018
I haven't charged parents a registration fee or 2 weeks down yet. I've had a licensed daycare for nearly 2 now and parents typically pay Mon morning each week. I require 2 week notice for withdrawals or terms but really they could just walk away on the spot since I don't have anything down. So I'm thinking I should start requiring the 2week down payment. Do you guys typically charge it along with the first week of care? That seems like it'd hit parent's pocket book pretty hard. Could I spread the 2 week balance out in payments? Would you charge the fee only to new clients or also have existing clients pay it?
Blackcat31 12:36 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
I haven't charged parents a registration fee or 2 weeks down yet. I've had a licensed daycare for nearly 2 now and parents typically pay Mon morning each week. I require 2 week notice for withdrawals or terms but really they could just walk away on the spot since I don't have anything down. So I'm thinking I should start requiring the 2week down payment. Do you guys typically charge it along with the first week of care? That seems like it'd hit parent's pocket book pretty hard. Could I spread the 2 week balance out in payments? Would you charge the fee only to new clients or also have existing clients pay it?
When I decided to have that fee on account for each family, I gave them 4 weeks to pay it. Some divided it up and added a bit more to their weekly payments and some just paid it. It was dependent on their financial situations.

I presented the change, gave options and had each family choose and option, sign and date and within 30 days/4 weeks I had fees to cover every child's last two weeks.

I require 2 weeks PER child notice so families with more than one child had a bigger expense but with two + kids, I am sure that was expected.
Jo123ABC 01:33 PM 07-31-2018
So are your rates all equal for different ages? My rate for under 2 is higher than the 2+ age group. Also what about when they transition to after school care ($50 per week here) $125 per week for full time (summers, etc)?
Blackcat31 01:39 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
So are your rates all equal for different ages? My rate for under 2 is higher than the 2+ age group. Also what about when they transition to after school care ($50 per week here) $125 per week for full time (summers, etc)?
My rates are based on # of days per week AND pick up time but not ages.

I don't separate the rates out by age because I technically see no reason to do that. Each age has it's difficulty and I am limited to the number of kids in each category anyways so it wouldn't make much difference other than adding to things I already have to track.

Also if fees or rates are tied in anyway to potty training (not age) the parent will almost always tell you the child is trained long before they are just to get the reduced rate.

So long story short, no. I don't base my rates on age.
I have several littles that act alot older and several older kids that behave like toddlers.

A better idea is to base your rates on level of "difficulty" .....kidding!!! (Although that would be nice! )
Tags:registration fee
Reply Up