Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Your Puked On
daycare 12:02 PM 07-26-2011
So today I got pucked on by my one and only DCK that was here....

It was all over me. So I cleaned up the kid, threw a towel over the vomit on the floor. I made sure DCK was ok and placed him in the hallway right in front of my bedroom door. I went to my room to change my clothes because it was dripping everywhere all over me and going all over the place. I then threw my gross clothes in the bathtub to rinse them off.

I got DCK some water to drink and called DCD right away to inform him that if it happens again the kid has to go home. Then I find out DCK was throwing up on the way over to my house in the car...OK now kid goes home.

So the issue is that while DCK sat in the hallway with a book, I washed up. I almost puked myself from the smell that had sunk into my skin. EEWWW

When the DCP arrived, I did not hear the door as I was still in the back of the house cleaning myself up...I really wanted to shower, but didn’t.

So DCP is really mad when I finally open the door. I said sorry I was trying to clean everything up from the vomiting. His reply was "well it could have waited until we left, who was watching my child?"

I was shocked, as I have NEVER had an issue with this family ever and they have NEVER talked to me this way...

So now that I am rambling all over the place, what was I supposed to do? Stay in my clothes covered in vomit? I have to admit, I did not have 100% supervision on the child, but I could hear him and I was going to check on him every few minutes. What do you do when you are puked on or such??

Could I have handled this situation differently? Why am I so upset about this??

P.S. I did shower before I posted this......lol
Meyou 12:09 PM 07-26-2011
He just didn't want to come get his kid IMO. Anyone that drops off a vomiting child has to know they're going to get a phone call.
Crazy8 12:14 PM 07-26-2011
I'm guessing DCD was pissed he had to pick the child up and took it out on you. I probably would have shot back with something about how they should have turned the car around and went home when the child puked this morning.

How old was the child?? I think what you did was fine - you cleaned the child first, contained the mess and removed the child from it and then cleaned yourself off. I would have done the same thing. Are you never supposed to pee during the day?? Are your eyes really on every child every second of the day?? I know mine aren't. I really think DCD was mad for having his day interrupted with a sick kid.

ETA: and I'd be sure to give them a buzz tonight to check up on sick child and remind them that they need to be vomit free for 24 hours - so can not come tomorrow morning (cause you know they are going to say he hasn't vomitted since he left your house).
JaydensMommy 12:14 PM 07-26-2011
I think you did the right thing. That's horrible, how are you supposed to be able to stand there and wait for them when your dripping in vomit. They are wrong for dropping off their child like that.
SandeeAR 12:15 PM 07-26-2011
I think I would have looked at them and said, your child WAS being watched, by me. So when Kid vomits on you at home, do you wait until someone else comes home to change clothes? Then just give the blank stare.

Plus, if you had taken him home this morning after he vomited in the car, as you should have, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
daycare 12:17 PM 07-26-2011
It must be around that time of the month for me, becuse I am super emotional.....lol TMI

thanks for respondiong and making me feel better.... I thought I did something wrong by DCDs reaction.....

But I think you ladies are right, he was just probably mad that the DCK had to go home. DCK is 3.5.

Trust me, I had to bite my tounge when DCD said what he did.....

See this is why I need that 48 hour exclusion policy for situations just like this......ugh
Kaddidle Care 12:19 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
Then I find out DCK was throwing up on the way over to my house in the car...
Ding, ding, ding... there's your sign!

Just make sure your door is locked from now on. He was probably more upset that he could walk in without your knowledge than anything else.

Anyone else would have also stripped and cleaned up as well - no.. you can't walk around dripping in puke.

Thanks Dad for bringing your sick kid when you knew he was already sick.

I hope you don't get it but I'm afraid you're doomed.
Cat Herder 12:26 PM 07-26-2011
See this is why I need that 48 hour exclusion policy for situations just like this......ugh
Well, this child would not be allowed back, by most standard policies, until Thursday afternoon at the earliest anyway ...so you kind of already do.

"Child may attend childcare 24 hours after RESOLUTION of symptoms...not ONSET of symptoms".

Many people confuse that so make sure they get it CLEAR.
daycare 12:28 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Ding, ding, ding... there's your sign!

Just make sure your door is locked from now on. He was probably more upset that he could walk in without your knowledge than anything else.

Anyone else would have also stripped and cleaned up as well - no.. you can't walk around dripping in puke.

Thanks Dad for bringing your sick kid when you knew he was already sick.

I hope you don't get it but I'm afraid you're doomed.
No the door was locked, he was mad that I didnt hear him knocking on the door... Trust me I always make sure that my front door is locked at all times.... i even have reminders on the door that parents are to lock the door after they leave.... Most of them comply with it, some forget.....

Yes I would have loved to have thrown that in this face..........
Thanks Dad for bringing your sick kid when you knew he was already sick
dEHmom 12:37 PM 07-26-2011
It must be around that time of the month for me, becuse I am super emotional.....lol TMI

thanks for respondiong and making me feel better.... I thought I did something wrong by DCDs reaction.....

But I think you ladies are right, he was just probably mad that the DCK had to go home. DCK is 3.5.

Trust me, I had to bite my tounge when DCD said what he did.....

I get emotional too when someone verbally attacks me. Even if it was in a nice way.

I agree he was probably ticked off he had to deal with the sick child now too. And I would've said "WELL if you had turned the car around when it happened this morning, it would've been you he puked on" but more than likely dck would've not been close enough to dcd to do that in the first place.

I would've needed an immediate shower or else i'd be covering myself in vomit. Ew I can smell it now. I think you did the right thing.
MarinaVanessa 12:50 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
I think I would have looked at them and said, your child WAS being watched, by me. So when Kid vomits on you at home, do you wait until someone else comes home to change clothes? Then just give the blank stare.

Plus, if you had taken him home this morning after he vomited in the car, as you should have, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Yep, this would have been the perfect response
daycare 12:55 PM 07-26-2011

OMGosh can I have your backbone....lol
AnneCordelia 01:02 PM 07-26-2011
I would remind him that violating my sick policy (knowingly bringing a child who has vomited in the last 24 hours) is grounds for immediate termination without refund of any fees paid.

Honestly!!
SandeeAR 02:03 PM 07-26-2011
OMGosh can I have your backbone....lol
LOL,it's called being 51 and having dealt with teenagers for years!!!
daycare 02:07 PM 07-26-2011
LOL,it's called being 51 and having dealt with teenagers for years!!!
Omg teenagers. I've got two who have given me grey hair. Lol. Looks like you are living proof that one can survive them!! Lol
I have to admit my son is easy. It my crazy, snobby cheerleader daughter who gives me a run for my $$$. I was hoping she would have been a tomboy like me..
Kaddidle Care 02:09 PM 07-26-2011
No the door was locked, he was mad that I didnt hear him knocking on the door... Trust me I always make sure that my front door is locked at all times....
Ah sorry - I misread your post.
daycare 02:39 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Ah sorry - I misread your post.
thats ok...I probably didnt say it in my org. post....lol
SandeeAR 03:35 PM 07-26-2011
Omg teenagers. I've got two who have given me grey hair. Lol. Looks like you are living proof that one can survive them!! Lol
I have to admit my son is easy. It my crazy, snobby cheerleader daughter who gives me a run for my $$$. I was hoping she would have been a tomboy like me..
When I grew up, my Mom chased all my brother and my friends away. We never had ppl over. So I was determined to make it different with my kids. Both my girls were band kids, the youngest a drummer and the oldest a feature majorette.

So from 6th grade up, I worked with the majorettes, training them for the field. On football game nights, I had any where from 10-30 teenagers in my house. We had a blast. Had them for a couple of overnighters on Prom nights too.

You learn quick with that many teenagers, never to back down!!!
CheekyChick 03:48 PM 07-26-2011
I would simply say that I was covered in vomit and had to remove my clothing. I would then look at DCB and say, "I hope you feel better, Sweet Pea" and close the door.

Some people are so rude!
daycare 03:53 PM 07-26-2011
When I grew up, my Mom chased all my brother and my friends away. We never had ppl over. So I was determined to make it different with my kids. Both my girls were band kids, the youngest a drummer and the oldest a feature majorette.

So from 6th grade up, I worked with the majorettes, training them for the field. On football game nights, I had any where from 10-30 teenagers in my house. We had a blast. Had them for a couple of overnighters on Prom nights too.

You learn quick with that many teenagers, never to back down!!!
my daughter always has friends over its crazy...but I am ok with it. I prefer it, becuse at least I know what she is doing...

My son used to have friends over, buy my husband scared them all away after one made a very inappropiate comment to me. He took the boy home and told him to never come back... they were about 13-14 at the time.... Plus my son has so much going on with football, work and school he has not time to hang out....sad...poor kid..

But its still craziness if you ask me....lol Ill take toddlers over teens any day!!! lol
MarinaVanessa 03:53 PM 07-26-2011
Or better yet " ... do you mean you'd rather your child see me naked?! The thought of that is offensive to my delicate sensibilities!"
daycare 03:57 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Or better yet " ... do you mean you'd rather your child see me naked?! The thought of that is offensive to my delicate sensibilities!"
rofl...............hahhah that is too darn funny!!
e.j. 05:14 PM 07-26-2011
Yes I would have loved to have thrown that in this face.......... Thanks Dad for bringing your sick kid when you knew he was already sick
It's not too late, you know! It's hard to think of a quick come-back when a rude comment catches you off guard. I'd be planning to talk to him about it the next time he drops off his kid, though. I wouldn't let him get away with talking to you like that.

I always start with, "This isn't easy for me to say to you but..... ". In his case, I think I'd go on and say exactly what SandeeAR suggested. Wow! Hopefully he'll surprise you with an apology before you have to say anything to him. He sure does owe you one.
Tags:vomit
Reply Up