Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Daycare Will Not Allow Early Pick Up - California
Unregistered 12:44 PM 05-20-2016
HI
My son recently started at an in home daycare and he loves the lady and she is great with him. She has strict times which we adhere to but my issue is she will not allow early pick up ( before 5.30) of a child unless he has a medical appointment. She does not allow earlier pick up if the parents finish work at an earlier time full stop. So If I get there early I have to sit in car and wait. The current pick up time suits me but there is the very odd occasion where I may have a half day and want to pick him up but she told me the government does not allow this. This cannot be right can it? The government would stop a parent spending more time with their child?
I do know that she gets an allowance from the government as she provides food so I am thinking the rule is that she needs to have them a certain amount of hours every day to get this .
My son is happy there and I do not want to up root him. I am not even asking for flexibility for more hours I just want to pick him up early once in a while. Any one have any thoughts or advice?
Tags:california - regulations, early pick up
Up