Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is the Daycare.com kit outdated?
yulandop 09:07 AM 12-05-2012
I am a potential new daycare owner.
Is the daycare.com kit worth purchasing, or is it outdated with the information for today's market?
Blackcat31 09:09 AM 12-05-2012
What daycare.com kit?

I am confused by what you mean...
yulandop 09:28 AM 12-05-2012
https://www.daycare.com/advertisers/startingadaycare/
Blackcat31 09:43 AM 12-05-2012
Aha, I see now...I don't know anyone who has purchased that kit. I also think daycare.com only offers a discounted price but it isnt written or produced by daycare.com so that is why I was confused.

It might be totally worth it, I have no clue but I also think that it is all probably stuff you can learn on your own, especially since every state and their requirements are all so different.

Sorry I was probably not much help....
yulandop 10:03 AM 12-05-2012
lol thank you.
I might have posted or worded it a little wrong :-)
Hunni Bee 10:10 AM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Aha, I see now...I don't know anyone who has purchased that kit. I also think daycare.com only offers a discounted price but it isnt written or produced by daycare.com so that is why I was confused.

It might be totally worth it, I have no clue but I also think that it is all probably stuff you can learn on your own, especially since every state and their requirements are all so different.

Sorry I was probably not much help....

*timid hand up in the back* I bought it....

I can say it was helpful to me writing my business plan, but most of it is stuff that is like OP said, outdated and certainly nothing I couldn't/didn't learn from the forum!!

You guys know how I love daycare.com, but the kit is really not worth it.
Blackcat31 10:15 AM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:

*timid hand up in the back* I bought it....

I can say it was helpful to me writing my business plan, but most of it is stuff that is like OP said, outdated and certainly nothing I couldn't/didn't learn from the forum!!

You guys know how I love daycare.com, but the kit is really not worth it.
Oh please don't think I was implying it was NOT something some one should buy....

I probably would have purchased it when I first started out as well, but luckily for me I had some great seasoned providers as mentors as well as a "I can figure this out on my own" attitude so I didn't really need to buy an all-in-one kit but I can definitely see how it could be super helpful when researching what to do and not to do in this business.
melilley 11:19 AM 12-05-2012
Hi. I too new to home daycare (For 14 years I have worked in a center setting) and am opening in Jan. after the holidays. Let me just say that I didn't purchase a kit and don't know if it would help or not, but the members on this site are very knowledgeable! Every time I have had a question or just needed advice, someone in this forum has answered me or has given advice. You can also learn a lot just from reading posts! In fact, I have gotten so much information that it sometimes can get a little overwhelming, but I have to remember that not everything is tailored to my daycare or my situation or state laws, so you just take what pertains to your daycare and apply it! Awesome site!
Michael 09:51 PM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by melilley:
Hi. I too new to home daycare (For 14 years I have worked in a center setting) and am opening in Jan. after the holidays. Let me just say that I didn't purchase a kit and don't know if it would help or not, but the members on this site are very knowledgeable! Every time I have had a question or just needed advice, someone in this forum has answered me or has given advice. You can also learn a lot just from reading posts! In fact, I have gotten so much information that it sometimes can get a little overwhelming, but I have to remember that not everything is tailored to my daycare or my situation or state laws, so you just take what pertains to your daycare and apply it! Awesome site!
Jeez, how will I ever pay for this forum?
LaLa1923 05:38 AM 12-07-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
Jeez, how will I ever pay for this forum?
a small fee for each member a year?? I know I wouldn't mind paying something! What you get from this site is truly priceless!!
Blackcat31 07:56 AM 12-07-2012
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
a small fee for each member a year?? I know I wouldn't mind paying something! What you get from this site is truly priceless!!
I'd be perfectly willing to pay a fee to keep this place up and running~

Another forum board I belong to has an option to be a supporter if you choose to donate money. It is NEVER required but is appreciated.
LaLa1923 08:00 AM 12-07-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I'd be perfectly willing to pay a fee to keep this place up and running~

Another forum board I belong to has an option to be a supporter if you choose to donate money. It is NEVER required but is appreciated.
which other board is there??
LaLa1923 08:01 AM 12-07-2012
This really is like a form of training and I feel like this board makes me a better provider/parent/wife!!
Crystal 08:04 AM 12-07-2012
hahaha. I'd be willing to bet Michael is doing just fine without member fees.
Reply Up