Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Calls/No Shows For Regular Dck?
newtodaycare22 08:51 AM 01-18-2011
Today, the school system is closed but I am open (and all of my families all know that). I had one come 2 hours late without calling and another just did not show at all.

Does this happen a lot to you? If so, how do you deal? I realize that they are already paying for the day anyway, but it is just so rude to me. Why can't they pick up the phone and just let me know, so I can plan accordingly? Ugh. Thanks for letting me vent.
momma2girls 10:29 AM 01-18-2011
I had to recently add it to my contract, if you are more than an hr. later than your contracted time, I will go about with plans for the day. This inc. walks, etc. if I am not here, when you finally decide to show up, so be it!
Cat Herder 11:05 AM 01-18-2011
I have a "No drop off accepted after ***** policy" to stop the unscheduled lates.

As for the no-calls.....call them. "I was so worried, were you in a wreck, is everyone OK???"

After a few mornings of ruining their "sleeping in time" they will catch on that it benefits them to call you first.
lvt77 11:05 AM 01-18-2011
I had this same issue, but ended it because of my Food Program. They require I report my attendance daily online . This is what happened with The FP;
My County FP got audited by the FEDs; they got hit hard with a lot of providers that were claiming that a child was there when a child was not or vice versa. So now they require that I report my attendance to them each day by using an online program. This way if they show up, they will know who will be here and if I have someone listed that is not here or vice versa, I am considered over my capacity. Sucks, but it is their rule.
So this is my new policy. All parents must report no later than 8am each day if they will be absent or late. All attendance will be reported to the FP by 8:30 am each morning. Text messages will not be accepted!
If they fail to inform me, they may be terminated, as well as pay any financial fines if I am found over my capacity or claiming any child, caused by their absence without proper notification.
So far everyone calls now.
E Daycare 11:11 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
I had to recently add it to my contract, if you are more than an hr. later than your contracted time, I will go about with plans for the day. This inc. walks, etc. if I am not here, when you finally decide to show up, so be it!

I did pretty much the same thing too. Today no one called by 11am and I had to call the parent. She was shocked and said " I figured she was with you!". Lovely. Apparently if the communication with the parents are way off together then who cares about communication with me! Needless to say the father (who just woke up and didnt know he was supposed to bring the kid...) brought her here at 11:35. Apparently 11:35 and 7am are the same thing! This happens so much that my contract says "sorry but if Im not here cause youre too busy being rude and/or late and cant tell me then youre sol and have to find alternate care if Im not here". Not in that horrible tone of course but enough to be that point. That no one is heading anyways.
juliebug 11:13 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by lvt77:
I had this same issue, but ended it because of my Food Program. They require I report my attendance daily online . This is what happened with The FP;
My County FP got audited by the FEDs; they got hit hard with a lot of providers that were claiming that a child was there when a child was not or vice versa. So now they require that I report my attendance to them each day by using an online program. This way if they show up, they will know who will be here and if I have someone listed that is not here or vice versa, I am considered over my capacity. Sucks, but it is their rule.
So this is my new policy. All parents must report no later than 8am each day if they will be absent or late. All attendance will be reported to the FP by 8:30 am each morning. Text messages will not be accepted!
If they fail to inform me, they may be terminated, as well as pay any financial fines if I am found over my capacity or claiming any child, caused by their absence without proper notification.
So far everyone calls now.
ugh that would drive me nuts! soo sorry the others messed that up that you have to report everyday now. i also call them if they are over 20 min late. they all call me all the time.
lvt77 11:21 AM 01-18-2011
Yes, it does suck, but its almost a good thing that it happend as now I dont have the issues with parents not calling and what not...

I also call them if they are leate. All of my parents are on contracted times.... for example:
my hours are 745 am- 6pm, but each family attends accroding to contracted times that were set up from the start. most are here from 830-6pm. So they are expected to show up at that time, not at the time that i open or whenever they feel like it..
lvt77 12:07 PM 01-18-2011
Forgot to add, if they are supposed to be here at 830 for breakfast and are not, plus no notification, I charge a food waste fee.... If they keep missing meals without calling add on another am snack fee and etc....
Blackcat31 12:16 PM 01-18-2011
One of the provider's in our area called when a family who was normally pretty regular didn't show up as scheduled...good thing she did; they were roused from their sleep by the phone and had the provider not called, they would have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. It was a close one but turned out okay in the end. I require all my parents to call before I open if they are not coming and if they don't show up I call them until they respond and if they don't respond, I have called the police to do a welfare/safety check on family. If it is pure laziness on the family's part then at least they are embarrassed by having the police do a welfare/safety check enough to remember to call the next time.
newtodaycare22 12:06 PM 01-19-2011
So, I have a daily blog where I update parents with pictures and comments. Yesterday, I mentioned to PLEASE CALL and let me know if your child is not coming or coming late.

The parent came from yesterday's situation came in today and whole heartedly apologized. Apparently, dcg's grandmother reads the blog too and called her son to yell at him (She took the girl yesterday w/the ice storm). hahaha He seemed ashamed to be a grown man still being correct by mom. But hey-it worked
Tags:paid days, rude parents
Reply Up