Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Centre-Based Care vs Family Day Care Advantages & Disadvantages
Unregistered 07:41 PM 11-15-2011
Hello, My name is Chantelle and I am currently doing my Diploma in Children's services. As a part of my study I am required to undertake research and I have chosen to do Centre based Care Vs Family Day Care, The Advantages & Disadvantages. As a part of my research I am required to get peoples opinions, if you are interested in helping me in this it would be great. I only have a few questions to ask and I would be very grateful for the help.
Thank you!
Chantelle
Blackcat31 07:45 PM 11-15-2011
If you post your questions on the forum, I am sure that someone can give their opinion. There is a nice mix of both center based and family based providers here.
Sprouts 09:22 PM 11-15-2011
I am ready to answer I have a lot I can say about center based care

and lots of pros on home based care
Unregistered 05:47 AM 11-17-2011
thank you so much ..... I really appreciate your opinion.. so here are my questions...
What do you think the Advantages & Disadvantages of Centre Based care are?
What do you think the Advantages & Disadvantages of Family Day Care are?
What do you think the main factor is in choosing child care, cost or convenience?
and...
what you you think people look for when choosing a service?

For those who work in child care...
Why did you choose to work at a Centre Based service/Family Day care?
Sprouts 03:41 PM 11-17-2011
What do you think the Advantages & Disadvantages of Centre Based care are?

Advantages: More flexible hours, year round opening
Dis- More staff turnaround, child sees so many different providers, less communication, more inexperienced people, usually costs more, less attention on individual children, more KIDS (ratios usu higher)....

What do you think the Advantages & Disadvantages of Family Day Care are?

Advantages: Child with the same providers, builds positive attachment too, less staff turnaround, smaller child adult ratios (usually)

Disad- None =)

What do you think the main factor is in choosing child care, cost or convenience?

Convenience, parents want something that is easier to get to usually (the majority) well and cost too, for the parents nickle and diming or just super cheap

what you you think people look for when choosing a service?

The look for ratios
activities
they want their children to be super readers when done

For those who work in child care...
Why did you choose to work at a Centre Based service/Family Day care?

I decided to do my own home daycare because i was sick of dirty daycares where my child was neglected and I wanted to be the one raising my child, the way it should be[/QUOTE]
Tags:family based vs center based
Reply Up