Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Daughter's New Film - Oildale
Michael 03:49 PM 03-01-2019
Some of you know that my daughter is an actress. She is 19 and has acted professionally since the age of 12. This is the trailer to her new movie Oildale. She plays the lead as Carlie. Veterans sacrificed in so many ways and their wounds can last a lifetime. This is a story about them and how music can heal. The premier is in Bakersfield on March 30th at the Fox Theater. https://vimeo.com/319202461

Luvnmykidz 06:50 PM 03-01-2019
Congratulations! That is really awesome!
Josiegirl 03:23 AM 03-02-2019
Pretty young lady! Would love to see the whole film.
You must be very proud of her.
Ariana 06:30 AM 03-02-2019
That looks like a really good film and she looks like a great actress! You must bd so proud of her accomplishments

I wonder if PureFlix will pick it up?
Michael 12:24 PM 03-02-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
That looks like a really good film and she looks like a great actress! You must bd so proud of her accomplishments

I wonder if PureFlix will pick it up?
Thanks. After it’s world premier this month the movie will be shown in major cities on a grass roots tour with a portion of the proceeds going to veterans groups. The director and producer want to generate a media buzz during the tour. So far executives in the film industry are very excited to see how the public views it. It’s a great story that is very relevant at this time in America.
Sunchimes 01:12 PM 03-02-2019
I am crushed that I can't see this. Small town, no theater, no cable or netflix. But it looks like a stunning film. My mom spent several years in Bakersfield and always spoke fondly of it. Until a few years ago, I had family there. Good luck to your daughter and the film!
mommyneedsadayoff 02:05 PM 03-02-2019
That looks awesome! Congrats to your daughter!
Michael 03:06 PM 03-02-2019
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I am crushed that I can't see this. Small town, no theater, no cable or netflix. But it looks like a stunning film. My mom spent several years in Bakersfield and always spoke fondly of it. Until a few years ago, I had family there. Good luck to your daughter and the film!
Thank you. It will most likely be in major theaters and later DVD but the industry wants to see how the general public views the film. That is why Film Festivals are so important.

Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
That looks awesome! Congrats to your daughter!
Thanks!
Mike 04:43 PM 03-02-2019
I hope it does become available in Canada. It looks like it's going to be a good movie. Pretty young lady too.
Josiegirl 02:39 AM 03-03-2019
The message the movie's trying to get across is such an important one. So many veterans end up with the short stick, treated badly(esp. by the government and lack of resources), and suffer long-lasting effects of what they've been through. No matter how supportive their family/friends try to be, something inside that veteran never returns to normal again.
Ariana 07:03 AM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Michael:
Thanks. After it’s world premier this month the movie will be shown in major cities on a grass roots tour with a portion of the proceeds going to veterans groups. The director and producer want to generate a media buzz during the tour. So far executives in the film industry are very excited to see how the public views it. It’s a great story that is very relevant at this time in America.
Wow that is awesome!
Snowmom 07:29 AM 03-04-2019
Oh my gosh, I cried just watching the trailer.

I hope it does well! Congrats!
Blackcat31 08:20 AM 03-04-2019
Way cool!!

It looks like a fabulous film and your daughter is amazing!
Michael 10:41 AM 03-04-2019
Thanks, I will post pictures of the premier here. My daughter actually did not want the lead role and had auditioned for a smaller part. The director and casting really liked her audition but she didn’t get a call back because that role was for an older female singer. A few weeks after, she got a callback for the lead of Carlie and we were very surprised. It’s a big role and she filmed almost every day.
e.j. 11:11 AM 03-04-2019
That's amazing and speaks to her talent. I'd love to see that movie.
Mom2Two 10:01 AM 03-05-2019
It looks really nice. I was tearing up too.
Annalee 11:01 AM 03-05-2019
Awesome! I would love to see the movie as well!
Michael 01:19 AM 03-06-2019
Thanks everyone! I let my daughter read all of your comments. It really means a lot to her.
Michael 02:09 PM 04-15-2019
I wanted to update everyone on my daughter's film Oildale. It had its premiere a couple of weeks ago at the FOX Theater in Bakersfield. It sold out 1500 seats and they had to have a Encore Showing this last Saturday in which it sold another 800 seats. Its a really good movie and I hope you will be able to see it soon.

Many veterans came to see the film this Saturday. It seems to hit a cord with them and the movie covers areas for those that struggled with returning home from many of our wars over the last 70 years. Here are some photos..
Attached: 6a.jpg (82.8 KB) 7a.jpg (130.7 KB) 9a.jpg (60.3 KB) 3a.jpg (85.2 KB) 4a.jpg (92.6 KB) 8a.jpg (123.3 KB) 10a.jpg (153.0 KB) 
Blackcat31 02:41 PM 04-15-2019
Wow! Congratulations to your daughter!!

She looks amazing!

I hope the movie is available soon for everyone to see!
Josiegirl 03:24 PM 04-15-2019
Ditto Blackcat's sentiments!! You must be very proud Such a cool thing that she's involved in a film like this.
Mom2Two 05:54 PM 04-15-2019
Sounds awesome! I hope it comes out here.
lovemykidstoo 08:37 AM 04-16-2019
OH my gosh first of all, your daughter is beautiful and extremely talented. The movie looks fantastic and if comes here, I would love to see it! Congratulations!
Mike 09:02 AM 04-17-2019
That's great. I hope I get a chance to see it some day.
Tags:film - oildale, hollywood
Reply Up