Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parents!!!!
AnythingsPossible 06:55 AM 01-05-2011
Had my DCB dropped off this morning and as Dad is walking down the sidewalk, turns and says, "oh, he spit up a little this morning so his stomach may be bothering him a bit..." I stood there dumbfounded. For one, your son is 3.5 years old, he doesn't spit up. For another, why the heck did you drop him off??? So, I have a tendency to not be real quick when I am shocked. I stepped back in the house and shut the door having said only "oh" to DCD. Shipped him off to preschool with hopes he gets sick there and they call Dad to come get him. I need to get my brain to work faster in these types of situations!! I think mainly I don't have enough guts to tell a parent, get back in here and take them home then!! I am a pushover So we will see how the day goes. I guess I should have called Dad back instead of sending him off to preschool, i guess that makes me as bad as him!! Some day i will grow the backbone to stand up to parents, although I haven't in 8 years, so it's not looking hopeful...
B Lou 07:07 AM 01-05-2011
I completly understand how you feel about being a pushover. My DH has even allowed a DC parent the use of my car because hers wouldn't start once she got to our house. Talk about being a pushover.
LaLa714 07:18 AM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by WyoDaycareMom:
Had my DCB dropped off this morning and as Dad is walking down the sidewalk, turns and says, "oh, he spit up a little this morning so his stomach may be bothering him a bit..." I stood there dumbfounded. For one, your son is 3.5 years old, he doesn't spit up. For another, why the heck did you drop him off??? So, I have a tendency to not be real quick when I am shocked. I stepped back in the house and shut the door having said only "oh" to DCD. Shipped him off to preschool with hopes he gets sick there and they call Dad to come get him. I need to get my brain to work faster in these types of situations!! I think mainly I don't have enough guts to tell a parent, get back in here and take them home then!! I am a pushover So we will see how the day goes. I guess I should have called Dad back instead of sending him off to preschool, i guess that makes me as bad as him!! Some day i will grow the backbone to stand up to parents, although I haven't in 8 years, so it's not looking hopeful...

Don't beat yourself up! Some parents will just drive you nuts! I don't get my DCP at all! Some parents just choose NOT TO PARENT
countrymom 08:53 AM 01-05-2011
I'm with ya!, some days I would love to tell some parents off, one day I will.
WImom 11:19 AM 01-05-2011
If it makes you feel any better. DCD would have probably dropped him off at preschool anyways and then went to work late.
Unregistered 11:27 AM 01-05-2011
I'm with you all also!!! I have in my contract that I will not take the kids if they are sick, meaning a high fever,and certain other illness,which I spell out in my contract. Well, colds are so common with kids and I know parents can't take time off everytime their child has a cold, so I usually deal with colds. I have parents that will bring their child sick, more then a cold, they either do not not tell me until I discover the child says they don't feel good, or notice it myself or the parents drop their child off also saying" he had a fever or threw up last night, but he seems ok this morning" and then they quickly leave. I, too haven't had the guts to say"then take them home, please". I just take them and more times then I can count, I will end up getting sick with what they had and then have to take time off.
I know it is hard for parents to take time off when their kids are sick, but you would think they would want to take care of their own child when they don't feel good, like maybe cuddle with them all day to help them feel better and to just be there with them. Do any of you also get the parents that will bring their child in the morning and then say, "I will be home today if you need me, I am not feeling good and need to sleep or rest, but I can't get rest with my child around". If the parent is sick, I feel if they are home, they should keep the child with them at home, but as the saying goes, we are getting paid to watch the kids, so whether the parent is home or not doesn't make any difference, they are still paying us.
Tags:bad parent
Reply Up