Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>And The Screaming Continues...
Baby Beluga 09:12 AM 01-26-2017
This thread was made in November:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84724

Things improved tremendously. Then mom went out of town for 2 days (1 night) and all progress was lost. I don't know what happened but for the past two weeks we're at square one again. Someone breathes crooked and this child screams, cries and whines. The other children are resorting to covering their ears every-time she cries.

I am quite certain mom being out of town caused or somehow encouraged this. It's not mom's fault - she had to leave for work. But during this time what really stuck out to me was they didn't bring DCG one day because "they would have dropped off after breakfast started and they were afraid DCG would be upset that her friends started breakfast without her." While I appreciate them trying to avoid a breakfast interruption, I think it would have been in DCG's best interest if they brought her anyway. One of those situations where you deal with the fallout once, the child learns and then things are fine after that.

Sigh
Ariana 12:00 PM 01-26-2017
That really sucks . Hopefully it goes back to being good again ar some point. I am having a similar issue. Dad went out of town for a week and DCG started crying here suddenly (after being with me over a year!) and pretty much hasn't stopped since late November. She is now at home taking a break and they are working on her night time sleep (it was either that or term) so I am anxiously awaiting her return next week.

I sometimes wonder about parental dynamics at home and what might be going on. Seems so unusual for the whole house to fall apart because someone goes out of town. My hisband went out of town a few years ago when my kids were really young and they didn't skip a beat!
Baby Beluga 01:37 PM 01-26-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
That really sucks . Hopefully it goes back to being good again ar some point. I am having a similar issue. Dad went out of town for a week and DCG started crying here suddenly (after being with me over a year!) and pretty much hasn't stopped since late November. She is now at home taking a break and they are working on her night time sleep (it was either that or term) so I am anxiously awaiting her return next week.

I sometimes wonder about parental dynamics at home and what might be going on. Seems so unusual for the whole house to fall apart because someone goes out of town. My hisband went out of town a few years ago when my kids were really young and they didn't skip a beat!
I really does. It sucks for the DCG (who wants to spend all day crying?) and it sucks for the others who have to listen to it. I've tried talking to her (in the moment and out of the moment) and I get nowhere. I wish I could see the dynamics in each child's house. I think it would make our positions exponentially easier.

Good luck on your returning DCG. I hope when she returns her sleep schedule is back on track and your days are smooth!
Tags:3 year old, screaming child
Reply Up