Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Michigan Providers
Francine 03:26 AM 06-14-2010
Have any of you had any experience with assistance from one of the tribes? I have somebody that is suppose to stop over this afternoon, we will see if she shows I've not had much luck with DHS people maybe Tribal will be different.
Anyway she said all I have to do is sign a form and give my license number and it's as easy as turning in hours and the tribe cutting a check. Has anybody had any experience?

Also in a couple of the DHS threads there has been mention of Copays, whats the difference between a copay and the client paying the difference between what we charge and what DHS pays? Is this the same thing and the word copay is being used to give it a name or is the copay something different?

Thanks!
booroo 06:35 AM 06-14-2010
Good luck I hope she's different, then DHS... But in my experience, there is no difference; same type of mindset!!
professionalmom 08:14 AM 06-14-2010
Originally Posted by Miss Joy:
Have any of you had any experience with assistance from one of the tribes? I have somebody that is suppose to stop over this afternoon, we will see if she shows I've not had much luck with DHS people maybe Tribal will be different.
Anyway she said all I have to do is sign a form and give my license number and it's as easy as turning in hours and the tribe cutting a check. Has anybody had any experience?

Also in a couple of the DHS threads there has been mention of Copays, whats the difference between a copay and the client paying the difference between what we charge and what DHS pays? Is this the same thing and the word copay is being used to give it a name or is the copay something different?

Thanks!
The copay is the difference between what the provider charges and what the 3rd party (DHS or tribe) pays. It's called a copay because you have 2 payers (the agency & the parent). Therefore the parent's payment is a co-pay. Just think of medical insurance. You go to the dr. The charge is $100. You pay $10 and the insurance picks up the rest. You and the insurance company are co-payers.

I haven't dealt with a "tribe" paying me. I did have a client who had DHS but also had Navajo Nation involved due to the children being in foster care and returning to the mother. So I had a social worker from the Navajo agency pick up the kids 1 day a week to take them to their foster parents and return them 2 days later. But payment came from DHS.
Tags:michigan
Reply Up