Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Time
Unregistered 08:50 AM 11-07-2014
Let's talk naps, how do you do it? Does everyone sleep in the same room? Mats or cots? Do you rub backs or simply wait till the children fall asleep on their own? Do you stay in the room with them the entire nap?
Rockgirl 09:00 AM 11-07-2014
Mine all sleep in the playroom. I darken the room, keep it cool, and turn on a white noise machine. They sleep on mats, and each one is up against something--I think they feel more secure that way. They have fairly heavy blankets--again, more of a secure feeling. I sit in the playroom until they're all asleep, which only takes about five minutes, and no patting backs. If one is having trouble getting settled, I'll sit beside them--that usually does the trick.
Annalee 09:04 AM 11-07-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Let's talk naps, how do you do it? Does everyone sleep in the same room? Mats or cots? Do you rub backs or simply wait till the children fall asleep on their own? Do you stay in the room with them the entire nap?
Same room here for mixed ages......2 inch mats for 12 months and up but pack n plays for under 12 months....I play kids music along with running a fan (turned where air doesn't blow on them) beside each pnp....Each state is probably different on provider being in the room during nap....in my state we have to be in the room at all time regardless....infants have to be touched every 15 minutes while sleeping....rules are stiff here and getting caught without proper supervision adult/ratio any time is a big violation....I am thankful I have this open room with kitchen and bath as well due to the ever-changing state guidelines in my state.
spinnymarie 10:36 AM 11-07-2014
Infants nap in a separate room, attached to the play room in packnplays with white noise and a fan in the dark. Here infants are 15m and under. Everyone else sleeps on cots that we lay out around the playroom. Shut off lights, turn on white noise and I sing some songs. I rock one little one, just 15m and transitioning from two naps to one and from pnp to cot for two minutes. Anyone having trouble I sit next to. But I'm not helping them sleep if they aren't tired, I just let them 'rest'.
Meyou 10:54 AM 11-07-2014
I have everyone in the same room on mats positioned so they can't see each other. Dark curtains with white noise too. My infants sleep in my family room in playpens until the transition to mats between 18 months and 2 years old.
KSDC 11:26 AM 11-07-2014
My 6 nappers are all in the same room. Infants in PnPlays, others on sleep mats with pillows/blankets. No music. Fan blowing for air movement and white noise sound, but not pointed at the munchkins.
I don't rub backs. I have an open floor plan, so while I am not sitting right by the children, they are always in my line of sight. They all fall asleep within 5-10 minutes of being tucked in.
Reply Up