Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I ask?
Unregistered 05:49 PM 12-30-2015
Hi everyone. I work in a large center. A month ago, I lost my aide because a lot of children are leaving. Not because of her, but because they get accepted into free programs. Due to numbers, she sort of floats around the classes that are too low ratio wise for two adults. When they moved her, she was very irate and said if my numbers go up she wants to be back in my room. I thought was odd, because we never really got along. We didn't fight, but she was always bossing me around. I just sort of took it, because while I am more qualified, she has more time there and a personal relationship with the director. They keep boosting my numbers in comparison to the other low classes. I told another teacher I think my class will reach ratio (for two adults) first, because (my former aide) wants to be back in my room. She flipped out and said "No, she told me she wants to work me". Note, I didn't say it as in she didn't want to be in that room (there are a lot of classes here). I said it as she preferred my room. Feeling flustered, I said she did say she wanted to be moved back to my room when she was first told move. My coworker said "She was just used to the room". Whatever. When we spoke about numbers today, I said to my former aide "I wish one of the rooms would get to ratio so you would be in one room permanently". Hoping she'd say wish room she wanted to be in. She looked in my opinion guilty. Which is weird, because I never said any thing about her not being in my room. Secretly, I was glad for the change because I didn't enjoy how overbearing she was. At the same time, due to her clout and the feeling that I will reach a two adult ratio first, I don't know if I should say to the director "I want (former aide) back" when I reach the number. I'm suspecting by her actions she may not want to be back. If you were me, would you bring up the subject? I'm tied, because I really don't want her back, but I don't want her to think I did something to get another aide. Sorry this is long.
Thriftylady 06:06 PM 12-30-2015
If I didn't want her back, I wouldn't ask for her back. I wouldn't go say I didn't want her back either though.
kitykids3 06:13 PM 12-30-2015
Personally I wouldn't say anything and just see what happens. Doesn't sound like you want or need her back right now.
Pepperth 04:18 AM 12-31-2015
I'd stay out of it.
Josiegirl 04:58 AM 12-31-2015
I'd stay out of it too. It sounds like a choice for the director and aide to make and anything you say can and will be used against you.
DaveA 08:24 AM 12-31-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I'd stay out of it too. It sounds like a choice for the director and aide to make and anything you say can and will be used against you.
That was my thought. Just sit back and see what happens.
Reply Up