Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Nature Lover

Default Daycare Under Investigation For Spanking

Just saw on MSN that a childcare is under investigation for spanking a child. It was in Kansas I believe. The lady has only had her license since July 2011. Curious to here more on this story.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

do you have a link?
Old 02-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Nature Lover

I'm not sure how to do links. It was on msn.com I believe. Nice to see someone else up still on here-
Old 02-18-2012, 04:33 AM

Link for everyone to read.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:13 AM

Is this the one you are referring to

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-investigation
Old 02-18-2012, 07:04 AM

Where did mine go?
Old 02-18-2012, 07:33 AM

First, they don't tell the whole story. Second, there is a BIG difference between corporal punishment and discipline. Third, no wonder kids are totally out of control these days. Parents dump them at daycare for 8 to 12 hours a day, and providers have no "supposedly right" to discipline. Will never understand this.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:37 AM

"Seneca Police Chief John Covington told the station's website: “In this case, we strongly feel that the line was crossed between administering discipline and committing a criminal act.”

The child had "severe bruising on the upper back, buttocks, to the upper part of the bottom of the legs,” Covington told WYFF4.com. “Those injuries wouldn't have appeared from a single blow. It was obvious that corporal punishment went way too far.”
"

That's not a spanking, that's a beating. I hope she never works again as a child care provider.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Kids View Post
I'm not sure how to do links. It was on msn.com I believe. Nice to see someone else up still on here-
Well, the simplest way is to copy the link in the address bar and paste it into the reply box.

The slightly more complicated way is to copy the address, click that little button that looks like a globe (it's up at the top of this box I'm typing in, right about in the middle), and paste the link in the little box that pops up.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:14 PM

Highlight what you want to copy (in this case the http in the address bar) and hit control C - then place your curser where you want it to be and hit control V. Done!

Just make sure you highlight the whole thing.

I was taught the Control C/Control V thing while doing data entry. Love it! Use it all the time.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Daycare.com Member

WOW! this town is only 40 mins away from me. Different county but same state inspector. I'm curious to see what comes of this.

Tags
punishment, spanking