Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Best Time of Year to Open New Daycare
Unregistered 10:10 AM 11-04-2008
hi! for those of you who run your own daycare, are there certain times of the year you seem to get more calls from people looking than others? i'm hoping to open my own daycare next year, but want to try to time it as best as i can, if possible, so i can be somewhat full from the get-go. thanks in advance!
kidcentric 09:32 PM 11-05-2008
I always seemed to get a lot of calls at the end of summer with everyone wrapping up summer vacations and getting ready to start the new school year.
TTOTS 02:31 PM 11-06-2008
I have always been busier in the summer because of school being out. Good luck!
Smilevike1 04:18 PM 05-17-2016
I say when school lets out for the summer or is going back in. I have also had luck during winter break as well.
laundrymom 05:37 PM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
hi! for those of you who run your own daycare, are there certain times of the year you seem to get more calls from people looking than others? i'm hoping to open my own daycare next year, but want to try to time it as best as i can, if possible, so i can be somewhat full from the get-go. thanks in advance!
10-11 mo after a natural disaster. Blizzard and hurricane babies. No joke.
Unregistered 05:47 PM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by Smilevike1:
I say when school lets out for the summer or is going back in. I have also had luck during winter break as well.
When I used to take anyone, I used to get a lot of children at odd times. I notice a lot of these children got kicked out of their original daycare.
Annalee 06:06 PM 05-17-2016
I get more calls in January and August.....
finsup 07:00 PM 05-17-2016
August here...seems like the need for care for babies/toddlers picks up in August. 4-5yr olds I often get calls for in may but for "summer only" care.
Unregistered 08:22 PM 05-17-2016
I'm getting eleven-billionty calls right now, for fall enrollment. More than usual.
NightOwl 05:41 AM 05-18-2016
My busiest months are January and July/August.
Blackcat31 05:46 AM 05-18-2016

MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:16 AM 05-18-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
10-11 mo after a natural disaster. Blizzard and hurricane babies. No joke.
baahaaa but, yes it is true, isn't it!!!

What is funny is I usually get babies fall/ early winter. hhmmm holiday romance?
Older ones fall seems like the phone call time. But, honestly it seems like feast or famine. When I have an opening I get no phone calls or I get the I have 4 kids phone call and there is no way I would have 4 openings! And when I am full, phone call, phone call, phone call!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:16 AM 05-18-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
thanks I didn't read to the bottom before commenting.....
Nisaryn 10:36 AM 05-18-2016
I get the most calls right now....cause summer is starting...and again in August when school is back in session.
Nisaryn 10:37 AM 05-18-2016
LMAO!!!! I also didn't see the date.....derrrrrrrp!
Mike 01:46 PM 05-18-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Oh well. I was curious since my goal is to open for Sept. I hope to have a place by July so I can advertise a bit in advance.
Blackcat31 02:11 PM 05-18-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
Oh well. I was curious since my goal is to open for Sept. I hope to have a place by July so I can advertise a bit in advance.
Old threads are never a bad thing. Information usually doesn't expire.

I usually only point out the thread date if someone quotes a post that is old. Just in case they are looking or waiting for a reply.
Tags:best time to open daycare, opening a daycare
Reply Up