Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late pick up blues
TheGoodLife 04:01 PM 10-30-2014
I was told by DCM that grandma would be picking up today. She's only picked up a few times but late each time I think. Not by too much, but still. Well, I close at 5 and at 4:53 I get a text "picking up and realized I dont have a car seat. Getting it now and will be there betwee 5:15-5:30." We'll, the family lives with the grandparents at this time, about 20 mins away out of town- so not sure where she's even getting the carseat from, but anyways...

We had plans to rush out at 5 for a Halloween activity and now it's too late to go. My girls are all so good- disappointed but no tantrums (they are 2, 3, and almost 5)! I however am livid! And not even a "I'm so sorry" with her text! I got a big apology and $5 handed to me at PU, I just said I know things happen and let her know we had plans we couldn't make now. And I text mom to let her know her mom was more than 30 mins late and she had a $30 late fee, and her mom gave me $5. No reply from her yet.
I can't wait to be done with daycare, I'm so over it!
Baby Beluga 04:31 PM 10-30-2014
I'm so sorry that happened
e.j. 04:46 PM 10-30-2014
This kind of thing is so frustrating. Definitely the down-side of child care. Maybe use the extra $30 to treat your girls to something they enjoy to make up for what they missed out on tonight?
Kabob 05:55 PM 10-30-2014
I'm mad for you! I wouldn't let her back until she pays the full fee. Not your fault that her backup is late...poor kids. I'd do something fun with that money too...not the same, but still...they deserve it since they had to work extra too...
TheGoodLife 07:28 PM 10-30-2014
Yeah, we cuddled in bed after baths and watch Halloween cartoons... a nice relaxing night in is always fine with me. But I never got a reply from DCM, no sorry or OK or anything Oh well, as long as the check is the correct amount tomorrow morning it's all over now. And tomorrow is a 1/2 day, so even better! Happy Halloween everyone!!!
Meyou 02:10 AM 10-31-2014
I would put the late fees up due to continuing problems with lateness. I do $2/min but I know other ladies use a 3 strike system that is quite effective.

1st late - $25
2nd late - $50
3rd late - $100 or termination.

It isn't their problem until you make it their problem. Right now it seems like they don't care. More money often makes people care.
TheGoodLife 02:46 AM 10-31-2014
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I would put the late fees up due to continuing problems with lateness. I do $2/min but I know other ladies use a 3 strike system that is quite effective.

1st late - $25
2nd late - $50
3rd late - $100 or termination.

It isn't their problem until you make it their problem. Right now it seems like they don't care. More money often makes people care.
The mom is never late- in fact she's usually about 20-30 mins early (contracted to 5 but PUs when she's off work which varies). It's just the grandma, and she's only picked up about 3-4 times in a year. So I'm good there- but I will reiterate that her mom MUST PU no later than 5 if she ever tells me she's picking up again.
Reply Up