Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>An Appt. with the CPA
Josiegirl 09:15 AM 01-16-2016
Do you have a specific list of paperwork that you bring?
I'm almost done adding all the numbers up and need to make an appt. to get my taxes done. I always seem to bring everything that's needed but wonder if I'm missing something?
Thanks!
TomCopeland 08:15 AM 01-17-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Do you have a specific list of paperwork that you bring?
I'm almost done adding all the numbers up and need to make an appt. to get my taxes done. I always seem to bring everything that's needed but wonder if I'm missing something?
Thanks!
Your tax preparer should be telling you what records to bring to an appointment. In general, you don't need to bring receipts, just the totals of all your expenses.
Preschool/daycare teacher 02:17 PM 01-17-2016
Mr Copeland, are the receipts just proof, in case you're audited? And they only need a total of everything altogether? This is my first year filing and we usually use H&R Block (when I was regular employee), but they have never told us what to bring. They just set up the appointment and expect that we will bring what we need I guess.
TomCopeland 07:30 AM 01-18-2016
Originally Posted by Preschool/daycare teacher:
Mr Copeland, are the receipts just proof, in case you're audited? And they only need a total of everything altogether? This is my first year filing and we usually use H&R Block (when I was regular employee), but they have never told us what to bring. They just set up the appointment and expect that we will bring what we need I guess.
Your receipts and other records (attendance, Food Program, etc) will be what you need if you are audited. You may want to call your accountant now and ask what you should bring.
Preschool/daycare teacher 09:40 AM 01-18-2016
We don't even know where to find an accountant for our needs This is my first year with filing daycare taxes, and my husband got a job preaching at a small country church that doesn't take out taxes for their ministers, so we need someone who knows daycare taxes and pastor taxes. I looked for the list of good accountants for daycares that you had, but it says the NAFCC has it now for members only. So we're going to have to do some more research before we can file
Blackcat31 11:12 AM 01-18-2016
Originally Posted by Preschool/daycare teacher:
We don't even know where to find an accountant for our needs This is my first year with filing daycare taxes, and my husband got a job preaching at a small country church that doesn't take out taxes for their ministers, so we need someone who knows daycare taxes and pastor taxes. I looked for the list of good accountants for daycares that you had, but it says the NAFCC has it now for members only. So we're going to have to do some more research before we can file
This might help you find a tax professional:

http://tomcopelandblog.com/finding-t...x-professional
Preschool/daycare teacher 11:25 AM 01-19-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This might help you find a tax professional:

http://tomcopelandblog.com/finding-t...x-professional
Thank you!
Reply Up