Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Licensing Requirements Illinois
Kristi3193 07:48 AM 04-18-2018
Hey there! I have a serious and potentially sensitive question.
I started an in home daycare in October of last year. I am unlicensed but I stay within the requirements for my state to remain unlicensed. Im somewhat interested in becoming licensed though so that I can bring in more kids. However, my neighbor is a registered sex offender. I made the parents aware when I first started the daycare bc I didn't want any of them to find out without me telling them, and then a trust issue arise bc of it. SO I guess my main question is, can I still become registered with a sex offender living right next door? Thank you in advance.
lovemykidstoo 02:01 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Kristi3193:
Hey there! I have a serious and potentially sensitive question.
I started an in home daycare in October of last year. I am unlicensed but I stay within the requirements for my state to remain unlicensed. Im somewhat interested in becoming licensed though so that I can bring in more kids. However, my neighbor is a registered sex offender. I made the parents aware when I first started the daycare bc I didn't want any of them to find out without me telling them, and then a trust issue arise bc of it. SO I guess my main question is, can I still become registered with a sex offender living right next door? Thank you in advance.
There is someone that is on the list that lives behind me and 3 houses down. Was not an issue. I did not tell any parents. Never even thought of it actually.
DaveA 03:41 AM 04-20-2018
It shouldn't be a problem with licensing but double check with them. That being said- when parents hear that a percentage of families with say no to your program no matter how good/ safe you are.

That being said- you should tell potential families since the person is right next door. If they were to find out otherwise many would jump to either you lied to them about knowing or were clueless about who was in your area.
lovemykidstoo 04:26 AM 04-20-2018
Alot of people worry about who's on the list. Remember there are many many reasons for being on that list. It could have been a teenage boy that dated someone 2 months younger than him when he was 18 and she was not. So many investigate why he's on the list.

I always say it's not the ones that are on the list that worry me, it's the ones that are preditors and haven't been caught yet.
Reply Up