Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where Do You Nap Babies?
trix23 09:44 AM 06-11-2017
All my toddlers nap in the dining room and my kids sleep in their own room. There's more space for a pack-n-play in their bedroom if needed but I don't know if napping 2 babies together in the same room is wise. Input?
CityGarden 10:05 AM 06-11-2017
All my children are 2+ and nap in the same room on cots.

If I took babies, I would only take 0-2 and I would have a dedicated nap room with 4 cribs (which is the max number of infants I could have per my license).
Leigh 10:58 AM 06-11-2017
I nap them in the same room as me until they are at least 6 months old. I'm by no means normal ( ), but I have two close friends who lost their babies while they were being cared for by others, and I just am too paranoid about SIDS to let them get any farther away from me.
bklsmum 11:43 AM 06-11-2017
I have a baby room off of the main daycare room for the under 2 crowd and they sleep in their pack n plays in there.
trix23 01:18 PM 06-11-2017
Sounds good! I guess I'll put her in there
hwichlaz 07:06 PM 06-11-2017
I nap them all in the same area. My cots go in the playroom, which is just my diningroom in myopen floor plan house. My infants go in portable cribs in the livingroom. I put soft music for white noise, and the older kids learn to sleep through it if a baby is fussy.
Blackcat31 06:36 AM 06-12-2017
My toddlers and young preschoolers (age 16 mos to 2.5 yrs) sleep in one room.

My preschoolers (age 2.5 to 5 yrs) sleep in another room all together.

My under 1 yr old kids sleep in whatever room I am in.
Like Leigh, I am too paranoid to let them sleep outside my direct line of site at that age.
laundrymom 07:34 AM 06-12-2017
I nap them all in playroom. Sight and sound. From enrollment start to the day they leave me.
Jupadia 08:17 AM 06-12-2017
If they nap twice per day I put them in my family movie room just off my daycare room in playpens If they only nap 1 time per day the nap in the daycare room with the other kids on cots. My own kids use their separate rooms for nap (one in bed and one in his crib). I also have audio monitors in their rooms I bring down at nap so I can hear beter. Though the floors are thin and I can uselly hear a slight cry when the youngest wakes.
trix23 06:16 PM 06-12-2017
I tried using nap mats in the playroom but no one stayed on them. :/

But I think I might like them if the kids used them properly.
hwichlaz 05:43 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by trix23:
I tried using nap mats in the playroom but no one stayed on them. :/

But I think I might like them if the kids used them properly.
you have to MAKE them. It takes time and effort. Start with the oldest first. sit next to him, every time he sits up, lay him down...until he falls asleep. ONce he's trained, start working with the next one.
trix23 05:57 PM 06-13-2017
I suppose. But my son has an iron will.

What do you do with the other kids as you have the oldest one on a mat/cot?
hwichlaz 06:43 PM 06-13-2017
I suppose. But my son has an iron will.

What do you do with the other kids as you have the oldest one on a mat/cot?
Where do you have them napping now?

I think it's because you're new and your group is new. I only have to train one or two kids at a time because the rest of my group are oldtimers that are already trained, and I only get one new child at a time, or have one child age out of a crib at a time. It's hard work getting to that point, but once you're there it's much easier to maintain it.
trix23 08:05 PM 06-13-2017
Currently have 4 in pack-n-plays in my living and dining room, my 2 kids in their room, and another one in the playroom in a corner
hwichlaz 12:30 PM 06-14-2017
Currently have 4 in pack-n-plays in my living and dining room, my 2 kids in their room, and another one in the playroom in a corner
Then you let them keep napping where they are, except for the child you're training.
Jodysown 06:59 PM 06-15-2017
I for 20+ yrs have used a room just off playroom for infant in pack n play for am and pm nap. Another room for young toddlers still on am and pm nap in pack n play and older kids on mats in playroom with audio monitors and doors open to always be checking....that os til a month ago, when renewal inspection and was told NO MORE BEDROOM NAPPING.
Am nappers must nap in playroom where older children are playing. Even tho regs state that in centers and group home older children were not to play in same space as young nappers. Have had to let morning napper go as she was not able to sleep in same room as kids playing and doing circle time and had to turn away a child who takes a morning nap. 4 directives doncha know. There goes half my income. Gotta hire someone or take on a helper if you want kids sleeping in separate rooms. Oh and gotta take kids to bathroom with you and all together each time someone needs to go. So as to meet those 4 directives. Seems they are trying to push family daycare out! How do city rowhome caregivers do it with 2nd floor bathrooms if you have 6 kiddos and 2 are infants. And gotta wash an infants hands at the sink after changing their diaper??? And dont forget...everybody goes with you. Over regulating? micro regulating? Thoughts
trix23 10:31 AM 06-16-2017
I think that's a bit nuts personally because remind pinion bathroom time is a private time and some kids maybe even aren't able to go if they have a room full of people watching them. Unsyncing put on stage 4 going to the bathroom. I think that's crazy. What state do you live in? Those licensing standards are kinda crazy...
Blackcat31 12:41 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by Jodysown:
I for 20+ yrs have used a room just off playroom for infant in pack n play for am and pm nap. Another room for young toddlers still on am and pm nap in pack n play and older kids on mats in playroom with audio monitors and doors open to always be checking....that os til a month ago, when renewal inspection and was told NO MORE BEDROOM NAPPING.
Am nappers must nap in playroom where older children are playing. Even tho regs state that in centers and group home older children were not to play in same space as young nappers. Have had to let morning napper go as she was not able to sleep in same room as kids playing and doing circle time and had to turn away a child who takes a morning nap. 4 directives doncha know. There goes half my income. Gotta hire someone or take on a helper if you want kids sleeping in separate rooms. Oh and gotta take kids to bathroom with you and all together each time someone needs to go. So as to meet those 4 directives. Seems they are trying to push family daycare out! How do city rowhome caregivers do it with 2nd floor bathrooms if you have 6 kiddos and 2 are infants. And gotta wash an infants hands at the sink after changing their diaper??? And dont forget...everybody goes with you. Over regulating? micro regulating? Thoughts
All my children (12-14) nap and/or rest in the same room.
Sight and/or sound at all times. Infants must never be behind a closed door or out of sight AND sound.

Its not a hard thing manage at all.

How many of your kids still take a morning and an afternoon nap? I have an 11 month old that usually only takes one nap a day with the other kids and on occasion still requires an am nap but very rarely.

I would have altered sleep patterns before terminating someone as the two naps a day routine doesnt usually go much beyond age 2 at the latest in my experience.

Washing infants hands after diaper changes has always been best practice here and something I've always done. Considering the limited number of infants we can have at one time, it's not a huge deal either.

Trying to push home daycare providers out of business?
Yep....that's been happening for years now. Sadly some are just now recognizing it.
renodeb 09:43 PM 06-18-2017
I have a room with 3 cribs in it. The babies do get used to it. My others sleep on my family room floor on mats
Deb
Tags:nap area dividers, sleeping places
Reply Up