Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Urghhh I Screwed Up
sahm1225 08:01 PM 11-23-2015
I had listed Columbus day as a closed paid holiday and I completely forgot about it!
Now im making the list for next year and I want to make sure I don't forget about the holiday. I can't believe I forgot about it. What bugs me is that a few parents even confirmed that I was open that day and I thought nothing of it.
nothingwithoutjoy 08:03 PM 11-23-2015
Argh! I did that my first year open. Completely forgot! So sorry you missed the time you deserved!
Controlled Chaos 08:39 PM 11-23-2015
Oh no!
Play Care 05:24 AM 11-24-2015
Yikes!!

Maybe I'm mean but I'd arrange to take a paid personal day over the holidays and let parents know it's due to the fact that Columbus Day was listed as a paid holiday...
Blackcat31 05:36 AM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Yikes!!

Maybe I'm mean but I'd arrange to take a paid personal day over the holidays and let parents know it's due to the fact that Columbus Day was listed as a paid holiday...
This!

I do this from time to time.

Just say "I will be taking X day off in lieu of Columbus Day. Thank you! "
DaveA 05:39 AM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Yikes!!

Agreed.
daycare 08:05 AM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This!

I do this from time to time.

Just say "I will be taking X day off in lieu of Columbus Day. Thank you! "
I did this several years ago for a day that I had planned to have on as a personal day.

After that, I decided that I would create a monthly news letter to which forced me to always have to resort back to my days off form that I created for the year.

I also did tell the parent that it was an oversight on my part and that I would be taking it off on XYZ date.

What do your rules state? I have to give a full 2 week notice to parents should I decide to close.
rosieteddy 08:53 AM 11-24-2015
As none of the parents informed you that it was a paid Holiday I would take a day over the holidays.Play it exactly as they did.Send out a note stating your time off in Dec.take an extra day .If questioned just say "oh remember when I opened for Columbus Day"Maybe take Christmas eve or the day before if you already have that or New Years Eve.As no one bothered to remind you it was one of your holidays I would play like you planned it.What can they say?
Tags:columbus day, days off, holidays - off
Reply Up