Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ideas For "hiding" Childcare Stuff/Reclaiming My Home
April7 06:54 AM 10-08-2015
I'm not ashamed of my program and I feel blessed to have had a playroom for my childcare for so long; I know many people wish they had a space outside of their living space.

I live in a split level. The lowest level has a playroom and bathroom and my entry where families come in. The mid level is the living room and kitchen. The upper level has the bedrooms.

Having a beautiful playroom has been great for business but now that my son is 12, it is less and less of a fit for my family (it has been for a long time now, actually.)

Our living room and bedrooms are tiny. The play area is about 1/3 of our small house.

So, I am looking for ways to reclaim the playroom to be more multifunctional without it being a total turn off for business. I want my tween son and his buddies to be able to hang out in there without feeling that its a "baby space."

I have come up with many do-able ideas. What I am wondering now is how to put up chidren's abc/1-2-3 type displays that can be hidden, replaced, flipped over or something when they aren't here.

Ideas?
Tags:design, hide, reclaim, space
Up