Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Providing Outdoor Wear
childcaremom 02:16 AM 10-20-2015
So I know there are a few providers here who provide all outdoor gear. How did you switch over to that? Do you charge a registration fee?

I advertise as a program that spends a LOT of time outdoors. I go over my expectations in interviews. I send home a list of required clothing. Etc etc. I turn people away at the door or call for pick up if children are not prepared.

And I am STILL frustrated by parents who don't have a clue. Jackets too small. Waterproof pants that aren't waterproof. Booties for walking children (seriously?). Mittens that are too small. Mini mitts (specifically told don't bring them). No jackets on cold days.

After our first cold-enough-for-full-winter-gear day yesterday, I am completely baffled why parents choose my program if they don't want to get the gear their children need?

My solution to this insanity is to charge a registration fee for each child and then put that towards outdoor gear for each child. Then it's here, it works and I don't have to worry about any crazy stuff.

Ideas?
Up