Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Happy New Years Eve Day Everyone
mac60 05:33 AM 12-31-2009
For those who are working: I hope your day goes smoothly and quickly.
For those who are off: Enjoy your day off with no little ones.

Wishing everyone a safe and fun New Years Eve and a Happy New Year.
momma2girls 05:41 AM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by mac60:

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S TO YOU AS WELL!!!
It is sure nice to have days off, it gives you peace of mind for a couple of days or the week!!!!!
momma2girls 05:42 AM 12-31-2009
Happy new year's to everyone!!!!!
mac60 06:18 AM 12-31-2009
I am working today.
I just hope they are not here till 5:00.
Former Teacher 06:39 AM 12-31-2009
I am working today.
I just hope they are not here till 5:00.
Mac...you are the owner and you make the rules. Can't you change your policy to state you close early on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve? Or is it to much of a pain with the parents?

We use to always be open on Christmas Eve until 12:30. One year, out of over 55 kids, there was going to be 1 boy. Yes 1 boy. But mom did have to work (she worked in retail). However the boys aunt was off and she usually watched him on the weekends and such.

Anyway we told her that we weren't going to open the center just for him. The following year I mentioned that I wish we could close every year on both of the Eve's. My former director agreed that we close Christmas Eve however we still had to remain open on New Years Eve until 1230. We still charged late fees after 1230. Every single year there was ALWAYS at least 1 late fee.

Well I hope your day goes fast

Happy New Year's Everyone!
tymaboy 06:57 AM 12-31-2009
Happy New Years!!

Mac- Hope your day goes by quickly. My 1st year I stayed open but it only took that 1 yr for me to decide I did not like it. I have closed each yr since. I only have 1 family that would need me & it so is not worth my time for 1 child.
mac60 07:06 AM 12-31-2009
I am closed Dec 24,25,26, (paid), and New Years Day. I should of been more organized and handed out a survey to see who needed care, but I didn't.
GretasLittleFriends 08:44 AM 12-31-2009
Out of my 9 dc kids, I only have one today. It's a short day for him though. He's here from 2p until 7p at the latest. I just checked my contract, and really I only have tomorrow as listed off as a holiday. I will be open tomorrow as well, but my first child won't show up until close to 11am.

I will likely be changing my contract to take New Years Eve off as well. I figured I'd be open this year because I had no plans to go out, and with baby coming in May, the time I'll be taking off then, I'd make the $$ now to stash away for then.
momma2girls 01:50 PM 12-31-2009
I am off all major Holidays and boy is it nice!!!
When I first started I only had like 4 of them in there, but as yrs. went by even though the parents were off, they still brought their children to me. So that was the end of that!!! I hate that when that happens!!! I am sure we are all in the same boat there!!!
Happy New Year!!!!!
Unregistered 04:13 PM 12-30-2010
if a daycare is closed on New Years Eve... does a social worker still go in for inspection even if the day care is posted closed? if im correct a social worker may only go in when in hours of business.
momofsix 07:18 AM 12-31-2010

Only 2 kiddos today, and mom should be early (5:00 is early) Both Dad and Mom work the same place and they do have to work, so I'm only open for them.
Happy New Years to you too!
AnythingsPossible 09:55 AM 12-31-2010
I took the whole week off as we had originally planned to travel to California to watch my son march in the Tournament of Roses parade tomorrow with the Wyoming All State Marching Band. But weather and finances didn't agree with my plans, so we will be watching him from home tomorrow. Going to make cinnamon rolls and sausages and just relax and watch the parade. Wish we could have gone, but am satisfied with our decision to stay put. The week off has been nice, but not looking forward to Monday. Will have a full house, and numerous SA since they don't go back to school till Tuesday. Going to put toys away for the day and have out craft items, playdough and blocks. Hope you all have a nice New Years!
Tags:holiday, new year
Reply Up