Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Arggg...Bottle Baby
Heidi 09:35 AM 09-19-2013
9 1/2 month old has always been a horrible puker. Still is. According to the doctor, he'll just outgrow it. Formula changes had no affect, adding solids had no affect.

The only consistent thing I've noticed is that when he drinks for a cup (and is upright at the table), there is less puking.

As an extra joy, he and the other baby are now crawling. You can imagine the disgusting stuff that happens when he pukes multiple times, and they both decide to finger paint with it before I can even get it cleaned up.

So, I stopped giving him bottles here, and he gets a cup. He CAN use a cup, but like most things, will often refuse. He flails his arms and screams. Today he saw me give 12 week old a bottle and had a huge tantrum. He wants a bottle. So, I made him a 4 oz bottle. He lays down with it (the only way he'll drink it). Sure enough..puke puke puke.

So, do I:

Stop offering him bottle period.

Offer bottles at the table, in his seat (he will most likely tantrum over that).

He's 9 1/2 months. He's strong willed, he's part time. He has fits about a lot of things that don't always go his way around here. Don't say term...lol. He's not THAT part time..usually 3-4 days a week.
butterfly 11:25 AM 09-19-2013
My answer changed once I saw he was part time.... I was going to say switch to a cup - at the table only, no exceptions.

But since he's part time, I don't know that I would put up with the fits... I'd probably either have to term or just give a bottle. It really wouldn't be worth it to me to put up with the fits or the puking if they are only part time.

itlw8 11:44 AM 09-19-2013
It is hard to drink from a bottle sitting up. so change bottles a disposable bottle collapses while they drink so they can sit up and get no air in the tummy. doesn't the dr brown bottle work like a straw??? or do they need to lay back change sippy cups to one either more like a bottle or one with a straw. laying down and drinking seems to be the problem
spinnymarie 11:59 AM 09-19-2013
Yeah I was going to suggest a sippy with a soft spout? I've had several of my own pukers, and it IS gross
Tags:bottle to cup, puke
Reply Up