Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Doing anything for Easter with the kiddos?
Josiegirl 10:52 AM 03-15-2015
Easter egg hunts? Decorating boiled eggs? Do you send baskets home? Special treats for snacks?
I've always decorated eggs and played egg hunt. Some years I've had them make baskets out of whatever recyclables I have hanging around. I'm not sure what I'm going to do this year.

I bought the plastic eggs to play with in the rice table. That's as far as I've gotten. It's just that it seems like every darn special day is surrounded by candy candy candy. I did see some cute really soft stuffed bunnies, frogs, and lambs at Family Dollar for 3 bucks each. I might pick those up. I just don't want to get into a ton of money. They'd be good for the 20 month-4 1/2 yos I have, all girls. But what about the 7 yo brother that I usually get something for?
Do you all 'get' your dcks something? What do you do for Easter?
BumbleBee 12:42 PM 03-15-2015
For Easter I don't buy each one a gift. I do an Easter Egg hunt in the play area outside and fill the eggs with stickers. My kids LOVE stickers.

I don't do egg dying, baskets, candy, etc. for Easter.
Unregistered 03:12 PM 03-15-2015
Just doing egg dying (parents provide the eggs for their child), egg hunt, and them making a fast, simple, easy basket that I found on Pinterest.
Unregistered 04:29 PM 03-15-2015
We do a spring themed hunt for (dollar store) silk flowers, eggs with stickers and a few jelly beans inside, chenille chicks ( or make them from cotton balls) in eggs, wedding bubbles (cute and cheap), dyed eggs, balls decorated with their name in Sharpie, egg-shaped sidewalk chalk, and whatever little toys /party favors I found on clearance last year.
If I didn't find sand buckets inexpensively, I make baskets out of Solo cups by using a hole punch on 2 sides to attach a pipecleaner handle.
finsup 05:32 PM 03-15-2015
I am just starting my planning this week! Most of what we will do revolves around Jesus though. But we will most likely dye eggs too just for fun
kendallina 05:32 PM 03-15-2015
We do a hibernation celebration for Easter. When we study hibernation in the fall/early winter, each child makes a paper mache bear cave and they each put a dollar store bear in it to stay for the winter. They decorate the cave and make blankets for their bear. We give him a big snack, sing them a song and in the bears go!

The caves hang out in our room all winter and when our Hibernation Celebration comes, the bears get to wake up! We make it a pajama day and wake up our bears, sing songs with them, have an Easter egg hunt (with dollar store stuff inside) and then they can take their bears and caves home. I always look forward to this celebration, it's my most elaborate party that we do, is a ton of fun and I LOVE clearing up the room so I no longer have to store 12 bear caves! haha!
Unregistered 07:01 PM 03-15-2015
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JqnGK9jOzgg

Do you know "No Bears Out Tonight"?
Tried to find our version on youtube. This one has the tune, but we sing it:
No bears out tonight, no bears out tonight, no bears out tonight, they're all in their cave.

Then one child comes out from their "cave" and dances around, and sings:
One bear out tonight, one bear out tonight, one bear out tonight, the rest are in their cave.

etc.

You can do it in reverse too. My kids love this song.
Unregistered 07:15 PM 03-15-2015
Originally Posted by kendallina:
We do a hibernation celebration for Easter. When we study hibernation in the fall/early winter, each child makes a paper mache bear cave and they each put a dollar store bear in it to stay for the winter. They decorate the cave and make blankets for their bear. We give him a big snack, sing them a song and in the bears go!

The caves hang out in our room all winter and when our Hibernation Celebration comes, the bears get to wake up! We make it a pajama day and wake up our bears, sing songs with them, have an Easter egg hunt (with dollar store stuff inside) and then they can take their bears and caves home. I always look forward to this celebration, it's my most elaborate party that we do, is a ton of fun and I LOVE clearing up the room so I no longer have to store 12 bear caves! haha!
That's such an awesome and creative idea. I love it!
Unregistered 09:01 PM 03-15-2015
After we dye eggs I give each child a washcloth to nest their egg in, then a piece of paper towel with a drop of olive oil to polish their egg. It makes them have a soft shine, but do not rub too long or some color rubs off.
Josiegirl 02:29 AM 03-16-2015

That's got to be THE cutest idea ever!!!
BumbleBee 04:24 AM 03-16-2015

Putting this in my file for our Bears theme! Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing
Annalee 09:01 AM 03-16-2015
We are making crafts this month along with an easter egg hunt April 2nd with a party. We get baskets for the kids. Each party we have I make a list of what we want and the parents sign up for what to bring.
daycare 01:55 PM 03-16-2015
this is our big annual event for all families. We will have a huge egg hunt at the local park. I ask each family to bring one dozen to hide (plastic) and one to dye. They go fast.

We make paper mache baskets with the older ones using water and glue.

the younger ones make them out of large brown paper grocery bags after they have painted them. we take poster board and cut out handles, staple them on.

The parents all bring a small goody and when the kids wake up, basket time. I dont' put any candy in any of them.

stickers, tatoo, letters, etc.

This year will be the secret letter egg hunt for the older kids and traditional for the younger kids.

Our park is loaded with kids and this is a great way to advertise. Last year I got 2 new kids from it.

I made fliers and handed them out at the park to all of the families we always run into. I even invited the other home daycares we see at the park too. It has always turned out super fun. Every kid got at least 7-8 eggs and they are more than happy.....
Reply Up