Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You Don't Charge More.. Do You?
DancingQueen 06:45 AM 12-01-2010
If you have a child contracted for M, W & F
but they pay full tuition (for 5 days)...

if they ask you to take them an extra day one week - you don't charge more do you?
legomom922 06:47 AM 12-01-2010
No. Why are they paying FT anyway?
MARSTELAC 06:48 AM 12-01-2010
I wouldn't charge more. I have a part-time rate for 3 days or less...must pay for 3 days. Then if they add more, they pay a daily rate. My full-time rate is for 4 or 5 days and they pay for all 5. I cannot fill spots when people are only here for 1 day or 4 so this is how I do it. Hope it helps.
AnythingsPossible 06:48 AM 12-01-2010
I personally wouldn't if they are already paying the full weeks tuition, I would tell them though that they are only guaranteed the days requested and you will watch additional days if room allows. In the past I have had parents take for granted that they can come any day they want.
Live and Learn 06:49 AM 12-01-2010
I would not charge them extra because they are already paying for all five days and only using three.
DancingQueen 06:53 AM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by :
I personally wouldn't if they are already paying the full weeks tuition, I would tell them though that they are only guaranteed the days requested and you will watch additional days if room allows. In the past I have had parents take for granted that they can come any day they want.
That is what I did - exactly. Mom asked me what the extra charge was for her adding a day and I told her there wasn't one and she was shocked.
MarinaVanessa 06:54 AM 12-01-2010
If they were already paying for FT then no, I wouldn't charge more. I am also curious as to why they pay FT instead of PT?
DancingQueen 06:55 AM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by :
No. Why are they paying FT anyway
In my area it is very rare to find someone to come in and take those other two days. So I'd rather have turned this family away and waited for someone that wanted a 5 day. so if they want less than 5 day they have to pay the full rate because 3 days is not worth me losing the 5 day pay.

I think that made sense.
DancingQueen 06:55 AM 12-01-2010
oh and I don't do part time at all. Only part time is before/after school kids. The state is very specific as to how many kids I can take - if I took part time kids I'd lose money
TGT09 09:22 AM 12-01-2010
I would have done exactly what you did! :-)
SandeeAR 10:20 AM 12-01-2010
Guess I'm too nice LOL. All of mine are part time. 2 1/2 & 4 mo are M, T F one week, M & T next week, 1 yo, is M, T & F one week, Wed and Th, next week. 8 mo, is M-Th, weekly.
DancingQueen 10:24 AM 12-01-2010
The centers all handle it the same way too. The only exception I'll make is if I have a family that can balance out the income. If I have one MWF and one TR then I complete my $$ and I'm happy - but without that I lose money - and those scenerios do not happen too often.
MarinaVanessa 10:38 AM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by DancingQueen:
In my area it is very rare to find someone to come in and take those other two days. So I'd rather have turned this family away and waited for someone that wanted a 5 day. so if they want less than 5 day they have to pay the full rate because 3 days is not worth me losing the 5 day pay.

I think that made sense.
It makes perfect sense. In my case I do offer P/T rates but with the contingency that they know that if someone else is interested in a F/T position then the P/T gets the choice of either stepping up to F/T or being replaced. Wow, it sounds so harsh when I put it this way .
Tags:charge, rate increase
Reply Up