Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Bartered Some Childcare For House Cleaning
itlw8 03:54 PM 10-13-2013
Dcm is on subsidy but still has to pay $75 a week. So we just traded 3 hours of house cleaning for part of that amount. Sure looks nice and I got some wax on the floor after she left. I think I will have her organize my art closet next time
momofboys 03:57 PM 10-13-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
Dcm is on subsidy but still has to pay $75 a week. So we just traded 3 hours of house cleaning for part of that amount. Sure looks nice and I got some wax on the floor after she left. I think I will have her organize my art closet next time
Cool! Who watches her kids when she cleans? I would just make sure she holds up her end of the bargain.
JoseyJo 04:01 PM 10-13-2013
Sounds great! I would love to barter for lawn mowing, landscaping, special classes for our preschoolers, etc but haven't found someone who is interested!
Josiegirl 04:31 PM 10-13-2013
I would love to find someone to barter with! Housecleaning for one or hauling some logs and rocks, etc. to my backyard.
Cool idea!
People make $25 an hour cleaning houses? I need to see if anybody needs their house cleaned on weekends, that would be a good deal! I'd like some part time work.

Oops sorry, just saw it was for part of that amount.
LaLa1923 06:03 PM 10-13-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I would love to find someone to barter with! Housecleaning for one or hauling some logs and rocks, etc. to my backyard.
Cool idea!
People make $25 an hour cleaning houses? I need to see if anybody needs their house cleaned on weekends, that would be a good deal! I'd like some part time work.

Oops sorry, just saw it was for part of that amount.
$25 an hour is cheap for a cleaner. I pay mine $100 for 2-3 hrs.
itlw8 06:05 PM 10-13-2013
Grandma watched dcg while she napped, Yes I learned clean in advance. Got burned before. And she is willing to clean for $10 an hour. I am going to suggest she make a flyer in case some of the others need help getting ready for the holidays.
Unregistered 06:36 PM 10-13-2013
Originally Posted by momofboys:
Cool! Who watches her kids when she cleans? I would just make sure she holds up her end of the bargain.
This here. I did a whole summer of child care at $50/week full time and the remaining money was for the girl to do house cleaning. She NEVER did even 5 minutes for me. Every time it was an excuse, and now I asked her specifically to help me with a move-out. Never saw or heard from her. The thing is, she was supposed to be my bff. Not so much Be careful to not let her make excuses!
Cradle2crayons 07:11 PM 10-13-2013
I've bartered before also. With husband being gone weeks at a time, there are a few things that I don't like doing. One of my previous full time dcd ran my telephone line into my spare bedroom and when we bought this house he helped run the wiring to the camper and ran some satellite wiring. He works for a large phone company so his services were handy. They still use me for drop in care even though they moved an hour away.

I've also bartered child care for cleaning before and bush hogging and a few other things like that.
crazydaycarelady 07:15 AM 10-14-2013
I'd love to barter for cleaning! One of my dcmoms is a hairdresser so we barter for cuts, colors, and she puts on eyelash extensions for me too.
MarinaVanessa 07:55 AM 10-14-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
$25 an hour is cheap for a cleaner. I pay mine $100 for 2-3 hrs.
Heck yeah its cheap. The going rate around here is $80 an hour.
Unregistered 11:22 AM 10-14-2013
Be careful. I bartered twice and got burned both times.

Once for a home improvement which got completed but not to my standards. Now I have to look at that ugly months worth of daycare for two kids everyday and regret that barter. One of my best families too. Boo.

And one for a family I watched on a weekend who (after getting daycare) never did the work and said his wife didnt like him bartering. Roll eyes...... bull. They arent married anymore but still never got my end of the deal. Boo.
Jack Sprat 11:31 AM 10-14-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Heck yeah its cheap. The going rate around here is $80 an hour.
Holy smokes! That is a lot!!! I think around here its $10 an hour.
Blackcat31 11:52 AM 10-14-2013
Tom Copeland has a blog about bartering for child care services.

What you should and shouldn't do.

Great information.

http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2011/...ou-barter.html
crazydaycarelady 03:40 PM 10-14-2013
I once bartered for a car! Dcfamily was selling it and I just stopped receiving pay from them until we had it paid off. It worked out terrific!
Tags:bartering
Reply Up