Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tooth brushing
CalCare 11:47 AM 02-15-2018
Hi! For those of you that brush teeth because of say QRIS or NAEYC accreditation or something, do those mandate when you do it? I've been thinking about adding in brushing. I just feel like it could be valuable. But, my kids are in a fantastic habit of going straight from lunch to nap mats and sleep. I would hate to mess up their nap routine. But, it seems silly to brush at another time, other than after lunch! I was thinking after waking from nap, but seems sort of silly, if not after eating. ... Also, the very first part if my post- just curious about if they have requirements on the timing. If I were to someday do those regs, it would be nice to keep the same routine, so I might as well so it their way from the beginning, if that makes sense!
LaLa1923 05:19 PM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by CalCare:
Hi! For those of you that brush teeth because of say QRIS or NAEYC accreditation or something, do those mandate when you do it? I've been thinking about adding in brushing. I just feel like it could be valuable. But, my kids are in a fantastic habit of going straight from lunch to nap mats and sleep. I would hate to mess up their nap routine. But, it seems silly to brush at another time, other than after lunch! I was thinking after waking from nap, but seems sort of silly, if not after eating. ... Also, the very first part if my post- just curious about if they have requirements on the timing. If I were to someday do those regs, it would be nice to keep the same routine, so I might as well so it their way from the beginning, if that makes sense!
I am NAFCC accredited and I am adding that in after lunch. They do not specify when or how many times at all. It just says provider will give a chance to brush teeth. I think after lunch is a great time!
CityGarden 06:13 PM 02-15-2018
I brush teeth as part of my program. They have lunch, brush teeth then lay down to nap.

I had a solid routine just like yours and found it easy to add the teeth brushing without too much for nap transitions.
ColorfulSunburst 07:37 PM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
I brush teeth as part of my program. They have lunch, brush teeth then lay down to nap.
It is our routine too.
Lunch. Potty. Brushing teeth. Nap.
Reply Up