Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Did It. I Gave Notice
sahm1225 04:51 PM 02-15-2018
A weights been lifted off my shoulders. But why do I feel like I’ve failed this kid? Parents were the problem, not dcb.
Josiegirl 02:41 AM 02-16-2018
Every time a dck has left here, I always feel I could've/should've done more or better. Maybe it's the nuturer in us that makes us feel like that? I don't know. Heck, my own kids are all adults now and I look back at things I wish I'd done differently.
I'm sure you did all you could with the dck; parents just cannot be worked with sometimes. And THAT is on THEM.
amberrose3dg 03:21 AM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Every time a dck has left here, I always feel I could've/should've done more or better. Maybe it's the nuturer in us that makes us feel like that? I don't know. Heck, my own kids are all adults now and I look back at things I wish I'd done differently.
I'm sure you did all you could with the dck; parents just cannot be worked with sometimes. And THAT is on THEM.
Same here. I just let a baby go that was not adjusting after nearly 6 months. Mom would tell me oh that is weird she doesn't cry all the time at home and sleeps in a crib and a pack and play. The baby would cry nonstop if you let her. The second i get her ready to go home in a car seat she was asleep. I feel guilty about it too but I bet today when my day is easier I feel better!
DaveA 03:40 AM 02-16-2018
Understand completely. I've termed 1 child for their behavior and even then the parents were messed up. The rest of them have been on the parents. You feel bad because the child is paying for adult's stupidity. It sucks but is a nature of the business sometimes. I'm sure you did all you could.
Cat Herder 05:36 AM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
A weights been lifted off my shoulders. But why do I feel like I’ve failed this kid? Parents were the problem, not dcb.
Anytime you give a parent a No for their bad behavior you are helping the kid. The sooner a parent learns their behavior is inappropriate and will not be tolerated the less likely they are to obstruct the child's elementary school education.
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Because the world of early childhood brainwashes you into believing everything you do/don't do is for the child.

As always, if the goal is anything but a positive outcome for the child the provider is either a bad one or runs a less than stellar program.

Once a provider accepts and understands that these children are not ours to save/fix, you look at this profession much differently.

You did NOT fail the child.
Reply Up