Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!

New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! Introduce yourself. Find out how to use your account and forum features. Who are you? Why do you do/use daycare? What brought you here? What kind of daycare are you associated with?

Old 01-15-2016, 02:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Recommended Vacuum for Cleaning Nursery?

Hey guys, as I said in my introduction post, I'm a stay at home mom who runs a small daycare nursery from the house. I obviously have my hands full all day and when its home-time for the kids, I'm left with a giant mess to clean-up afterwards ready for another round the next day. I want a new vacuum that's going to get the job done in super-fast time so I can get cleaned-up that bit quicker. It's important to have free-time with my own family at the end of each day so the less time spent cleaning, the more time I get with them. I've got a budget of around $300 dollars, $400 at a push. I've always though of a good vacuum as a worthwhile investment so no point spending less than a $100 on a sub-standard one. Been looking at a few on an online auction site as there's a seller on there that strips-down old Dyson's and reconditions them so they're as-new, might save a bit that way. If there's a brand and/or model I should be particularly considering for this price range and my needs then my ears are open and any advice before I buy would be appreciated. Thankyou, Nancy.

Last edited by Blackcat31; 01-15-2016 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

I love my Shark Rotator-more than Dyson. It's lightweight, easy to clean, does a fantastic job picking up. For a "cheap" vacuum (less than $1000), I think it's the best. I bought it to get me by until I had a central vac installed, but I haven't bothered with the central vac because the Shark is doing a good job.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:08 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Team Shark

$249.75 with free shipping right now online from the dealer.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:13 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Also, the Shark Navigator is $164.95 on amazon right now. I have one of those, as well, in the playroom.

Awesome.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:20 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Recommended Vacuum for Cleaning Nursery?

Had a look at the Shark models after the recommendations, hadn't heard too much about them but they're getting some great write-ups. Definitely within my budget so could be a goo choice. I'll have a think this week and make a decision. Will let you know what I go for and how it performs.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:47 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have my eye on a shark but haven't had the money yet. Watch for the 20% off coupons at Bed Bath and Beyond. They have an unlimited forever warranty on everything they sell. Sometimes you can find a sale there and use the coupon.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:16 PM
Daycare.com Member

I like my Miele canister vacuum. Bought it after several cheaper ones died untimely deaths. This one's going strong, despite daily use.

Tags
cleaning