Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

Default Has Anyone Ever Bought A Dog Bed....

For their book/quiet area? My son is always attracted to curling up in any dog bed he sees (and sad when he's told he can't!) But they do look comfy so the idea has crossed my mind as an alternative to bean bag chairs or something. Just me or has anyone else considered this?
Old 01-26-2017, 10:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

No but I don't see why not. It would be clean and not used for dogs then. It would be way better then when me and my brother where kids visting my dad we thought the dog house made a great fort.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:48 AM
Daycare.com Member

A local pillow factory outlet store always had big round pillows they advertised as "lounge pillows" - they were clearly dog beds. I loved them for my cozy area!
Old 01-26-2017, 11:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

Haven't done it myself, but I say go for it

I knew one provider who let the children put pillows and blankets in a laundry basket and use that as their personal reading spot. She said the kids loved it.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga View Post
Haven't done it myself, but I say go for it

I knew one provider who let the children put pillows and blankets in a laundry basket and use that as their personal reading spot. She said the kids loved it.
I did this as a kid, it's SUPER cozy. One pillow on the bottom and one behind you.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:56 PM
Daycare.com Member

Yes, I bought a wicker nest-like dog bed at IKEA, and a sheepskin to go inside. Put it underneath a low countertop in our studio, with a curtain in front, and it makes the perfect secret getaway/quiet spot/curl up with a friend spot.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

Sounds like a cool fun idea but I can picture constant battles about who gets to use it.

Tags
dog, dog bed