Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Gifts?
Ariana 12:19 PM 11-09-2011
Do you give the kids or families in your care Christmas gifts? I didn't last year but am thinking I will this year. Just wondering if this is something others do and how much you typically spend.

Thanks
MommyofThree 12:32 PM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Do you give the kids or families in your care Christmas gifts? I didn't last year but am thinking I will this year. Just wondering if this is something others do and how much you typically spend.

Thanks
I LOVE CHRISTMAS. lol. So I go all out. I give the parents and the kids gifts.
brettnmel 12:32 PM 11-09-2011
I have done gifts for all the children in the past. In years past I spent between $10 - $15 per child. I host a family xmas party and have the kids do a gift exchange. They would draw names and bring gifts for that child. It is a hit with the parents and the kids.

This year I am unsure what to do as I have many part time children so spending the $10-15 per child will get very expensive. I am thinking of doing a "family" gift as I have 3 families with multiple children. Any suggestions for what a good family friendly gift would be. My kids range from 6 months to 7 years old.
nannyde 12:51 PM 11-09-2011
I don't do gifts but I do receive Xmas bonus
CheekyChick 12:59 PM 11-09-2011
I buy Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, and goody bags for Valentine, Easter, and Halloween. I buy gifts for a few of the moms I'm very close to as well.
spud912 01:00 PM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by brettnmel:
I host a family xmas party and have the kids do a gift exchange. They would draw names and bring gifts for that child. It is a hit with the parents and the kids.
That's a great idea I may have to steal! Thanks!!
wdmmom 01:03 PM 11-09-2011
I spend about $10 per child and I usually buy books.
brettnmel 01:21 PM 11-09-2011
steal away!!

I think it's helped with the relationship between caregiver and parents and helped build friendships between the parents of other children.
Blackcat31 01:31 PM 11-09-2011
I do not buy Christmas gift either. I choose one charity and the kids are asked to contribute items from the list and we donate to that charity. Over the years we have collected and donated smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, coats for the local coat drive, donations for the animal shelter, food for the food bank, care packages for the soldiers, school supplies for the needy, gifts for the neighboing nursing home and toys for tots.

Christmas is for giving and I want the children at my child care to learn that lesson before the receiving part comes into play. (That part is for the families and the grandparents.)
Tags:christmas gifts
Reply Up