Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dear Parent......
youretooloud 01:27 PM 12-20-2011
Why do you assume that if your child is saying something bad at home, that he learned it from the kids at school?

Isn't it at all possible that it's YOUR kid spreading all the bad words around school? Isn't it possible that it's YOUR kid being a jerk and teaching it to others?

Why is it always "We never use that language around him... he must have learned it from one of the bad kids at school"

Maybe, YOUR kid IS the bad kid.

Maybe, YOUR kid just thinks up these things by himself, because he has a free will, and a working brain all his own, and doesn't need to be taught every single word he comes out with.
daycare 01:36 PM 12-20-2011
Ughh I cant stand this.... I just got rid of a family like this...every time their child misbehaved at home they learned it at daycare.

I told the DCM you really need to sensor what your child is watching on tv and you need to spend more time with your child...She copped an attitude with me and thats when I said sorry, I am not your childs parent you are....BY BYE
mismatchedsocks 01:47 PM 12-20-2011
Had a mom once ask me why i told her kid " shut up dollface" number one i dont say shut up to daycare kids, or around them. number two i dnt think i ever used term dollface.

Fast forward to month or so, grandpa picked up and said come on dollface....

but yeaaaaaaaaaaa its gotta be at daycare. :eyeroll:
youretooloud 01:47 PM 12-20-2011
This is a parent on Facebook. She cusses like a truck driver, they watch cage wrestling on cable, but her sweet three year old son couldn't POSSIBLY have said "I'm going to break your neck" to another child unless someone at school had taught it to him.

It's certainly not possible he learned it anywhere but school.
small_steps 02:09 PM 12-20-2011
oh I hear you! I have a parent that came in last week and wanted to let me know that her son said a very inappropriate (I mean really nasty) word and that he must have learned it from here so could I make sure I listen to what they are saying. I said "Oh yes, I definately will listen more carefully but I'm pretty positive that they haven't heard that from here. That's a word that you do not mistake".
But of course it came from here. This wasn't one of your common words either so I'm pretty sure he heard it from tv or from daddy.
SilverSabre25 02:13 PM 12-20-2011
Originally Posted by small_steps:
oh I hear you! I have a parent that came in last week and wanted to let me know that her son said a very inappropriate (I mean really nasty) word and that he must have learned it from here so could I make sure I listen to what they are saying. I said "Oh yes, I definately will listen more carefully but I'm pretty positive that they haven't heard that from here. That's a word that you do not mistake".
But of course it came from here. This wasn't one of your common words either so I'm pretty sure he heard it from tv or from daddy.
dang, now I'm curious what word...
small_steps 02:28 PM 12-20-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
dang, now I'm curious what word...
It's the word you sometimes hear said in front of the word cat (like a kind of cat I guess??) and in that context it isn't nasty but in the context they were using it was because of what they were saying with it. I hope saying that doesn't get me kicked off lol.
youretooloud 02:39 PM 12-20-2011
It's the word you sometimes hear said in front of the word cat (like a kind of cat I guess??) and in that context it isn't nasty but in the context they were using it was because of what they were saying with it. I hope saying that doesn't get me kicked off lol.

It took me nearly five minutes to figure that out.

I actually started out with "Calico...?"
Unregistered 02:51 PM 12-20-2011
Originally Posted by small_steps

I was like Fat? Fat Cat? I mean fat isn't a nice word but I never thought it was a cuss word.Oh,I got it finally
youretooloud 03:10 PM 12-20-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Oh,I got it finally

See???? It's not so easy huh?
small_steps 04:15 PM 12-20-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
See???? It's not so easy huh?
lol...well I didn't know how else to describe it without saying it out right lol.
youretooloud 04:32 PM 12-20-2011
lol...well I didn't know how else to describe it without saying it out right lol.
It's not you... we just spend too much time hearing "stupid" as the worst word ever.
Zoe 04:34 PM 12-20-2011
You guys aren't the only ones. I was like, "huh?" what do you say in front of a cat?! Got it.
sahm2three 05:55 PM 12-20-2011
Why do you assume that if your child is saying something bad at home, that he learned it from the kids at school?

Isn't it at all possible that it's YOUR kid spreading all the bad words around school? Isn't it possible that it's YOUR kid being a jerk and teaching it to others?

Why is it always "We never use that language around him... he must have learned it from one of the bad kids at school"

Maybe, YOUR kid IS the bad kid.

Maybe, YOUR kid just thinks up these things by himself, because he has a free will, and a working brain all his own, and doesn't need to be taught every single word he comes out with.
YEP! I am tired of that too! The naughty 2 yo boy I have has started to say the word "stupid". He started it while out for the week last week with his parents and grand parents. But they are sure he must have learned it here. Nope. No one else uses that word and I sure don't. Every bad habit or naughty thing he does is learned here. Sorry, nope. I do not tolerate it and no one else acts that way. Your kid is the naughty one here. I have found that everything is the daycares fault.
AfterSchoolMom 06:06 PM 12-20-2011
I got it instantly. Does that make me a bad person?
Meyou 02:04 AM 12-21-2011
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
I got it instantly. Does that make me a bad person?
Not unless I am too! I called my DH that in a very, very joking way the other day when he was whining about doing something outside in the cold for me.
Kaddidle Care 04:50 AM 12-21-2011
I'm still in the dark about the word.

I've found that the foul mouthed ones usually have older siblings they they're trying to imitate.

When they are one and onlys and start dropping the "F" bomb at 3, we just shake our heads. They are sponges that pick up everything and have no idea that what they are saying is horrible at that age. It's such a shame.

Somebody please PM me with the ___ cat word? I'm stymied.
mismatchedsocks 05:09 AM 12-21-2011
The word is similar to fussy.

This morning I had a little 3 year old come in with candy, I handed it back to mom then he proclaimed "this is bulls***!" I looked at mom she just shook her head and smiled.
small_steps 05:16 AM 12-21-2011
One of my daycare parents has a little boy that talks ugly sometimes. He has big brothers and sister (they are highschool or have graduated) and yesterday he said..his name effin his last name. He didn't say the f word he said effin or F'n.
His mom knows he talks ugly though and it's not very often but he get something called sassy juice at home. She told me about this a couple weeks ago. It's apple cider vinegar and she has it in a tiny spray bottle that she sprays him in the mouth with when he sasses or talks ugly. It actually seems to be working somewhat for him. It's not a lot but just enough to give him that nasty vinegar taste.
Kaddidle Care 05:43 AM 12-21-2011
I know an ex-marine that uses the same thing for his kids. Vinigar is better than soap or hot sauce.

It wouldn't have worked for me - I loved pickles and such so much as a kid that I probably would have liked it.
SilverSabre25 05:47 AM 12-21-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
The word is similar to fussy.

This morning I had a little 3 year old come in with candy, I handed it back to mom then he proclaimed "this is bulls***!" I looked at mom she just shook her head and smiled.
ooohhhh, gotcha, ok.
youretooloud 07:32 AM 12-21-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
I'm still in the dark about the word. :

Sissy.

Wussy

P___y <---Rhymes with Wussy.
melissa ann 07:46 AM 12-21-2011
I have a 4 yr old dcg and she is a totally different person when her mom is here. She's horrible. One day, when her mom picked her up, girl walked over to mom and looked up her skirt. Mom asked me where she learned that from? I was like, not here. No one has ever done tha t& no one usually has a skirt on anyway except her mom. This girl does not listen to her mom. Mom will be ready to leave at pick up, and the girl will be running back in the kitchen, keep on playing, or just plain ignore her mom. She does not do that with me because I do not put up with that. And what does mom do to "reward" the girl's bad behavior? Takes her to the library to pick out dvds, go shopping, go out to eat, etc. She does that to get the girl to leave my house.
Kaddidle Care 10:51 AM 12-21-2011
Sissy.

Wussy

P___y <---Rhymes with Wussy.
Oh DUH! I'm sure THAT came from an older brother. I don't know too many adults that use that one much.
small_steps 12:03 PM 12-21-2011
The kids that were using it (brother and sister) they don't have an older sibling so I have to assume daddy said it or tv maybe? But even on tv it's not said that much.
daycare 12:44 PM 12-21-2011
I got called the N word by the daycare that I was talking about.... I told mom and she said yeah he says that all the time. He says Im gonna cut you __________. yeah he got that from daycare, thats what I teach the kids to say...
Country Kids 02:14 PM 12-21-2011
One of my daycare parents has a little boy that talks ugly sometimes. He has big brothers and sister (they are highschool or have graduated) and yesterday he said..his name effin his last name. He didn't say the f word he said effin or F'n.
His mom knows he talks ugly though and it's not very often but he get something called sassy juice at home. She told me about this a couple weeks ago. It's apple cider vinegar and she has it in a tiny spray bottle that she sprays him in the mouth with when he sasses or talks ugly. It actually seems to be working somewhat for him. It's not a lot but just enough to give him that nasty vinegar taste.
What sad is more and more people will say F'n, not the true word. Its like if they say it slang its not as bad! My one son has started saying crap this and crap that. I just want to scream at him which I have calmly talked to him but he just doesn't get that just because you say it that way doesn't mean its any better.
themoorethemerrier 02:23 PM 12-21-2011
Oh, we have been hearing the p - word lately. It's in a movie referring to a cat and in several older songs. We also have been studying ocean life, and of course octopus has to end with a "y".

There's not really a delicate way to correct that one.
Tags:parents - accusing, princess
Reply Up