Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"J Won't Be Here Thursday. I Have Off"
mrsnj 08:05 AM 11-27-2013
Seriously?

I just looked at her like she was joking. Then said "Well thats good cause I have off Thursday too! Thats THANKSGIVING!"

Then another parent turns and says with about as much shock as I felt "Yep. She has off Friday too! Its a holiday weekend!"

I mean really. Besides the fact that obviously she does not read my newletters and reminders.....to assume I would be open on Thanksgiving is insane! I know some think I live and breath just for their child but come on!

God, looking forward to four days of no work!
Brooksie 08:10 AM 11-27-2013
Good for that other parent who said something lol!
lovemylife 08:17 AM 11-27-2013
I have a dcb that was only here Tuesday this week. Mom picked up last night and said dad (divorced) will have him Wednesday and then I have the rest of the week off so he won't be here. We will see you monday! I just shrugged it off. I think in her case it was just an accident.
Unregistered 08:22 AM 11-27-2013
I kid you not,my friend had a mom try to drop off Thanksgiving morning.She had all her family staying from out of town and when she answered the door to tell her she was closed the lady said"Well I thought you wouldn't mind watching her why I ran and get groceries today." She told her oh,okay,yeah,hold on.... she went and grabbed all her extra clothes,nap time blanket and termination papers. Handed them to her and told her to have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Lucy 10:08 AM 11-27-2013
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
Seriously?

I just looked at her like she was joking. Then said "Well thats good cause I have off Thursday too! Thats THANKSGIVING!"

Then another parent turns and says with about as much shock as I felt "Yep. She has off Friday too! Its a holiday weekend!"

I mean really. Besides the fact that obviously she does not read my newletters and reminders.....to assume I would be open on Thanksgiving is insane! I know some think I live and breath just for their child but come on!

God, looking forward to four days of no work!
That irks me so bad when they say stuff like that! It's been years ago and I don't remember which holiday, but it was like Memorial Day or Labor Day. Not one where you spend family time like Thanksgiving or Christmas. Anyway... mid-week the week before, the parent says "before I forget, the kids won't be here Monday. We both have it off." I probably looked at her like . I furrowed my brow and said "I'm never open holidays."

I mean, really.... isn't it just common sense? Sheesh! I hate when certain parents think we're just a depository for their kids. Open 24/7. Some people just don't think.
MotherNature 12:38 PM 11-27-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I kid you not,my friend had a mom try to drop off Thanksgiving morning.She had all her family staying from out of town and when she answered the door to tell her she was closed the lady said"Well I thought you wouldn't mind watching her why I ran and get groceries today." She told her oh,okay,yeah,hold on.... she went and grabbed all her extra clothes,nap time blanket and termination papers. Handed them to her and told her to have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Well, that's some backbone.
jenn 12:39 PM 11-27-2013
Good grief!

I give my parents a list in January of all the days I am expecting to be closed for the year. I have reminded my parents 3 different times about Thursday and Friday- once in writing, once on facebook, and once verbally. Three out of my five families asked this morning if I will be open on Friday.
misslori50 01:20 PM 11-27-2013
I put a sign on my door the week before to remind them
jessrlee 06:31 PM 11-27-2013
I've had a sign up too. Some of the parents are scrambling!
dave4him 06:58 PM 11-27-2013
I did the happy dance when the last one left today!
Cradle2crayons 07:49 PM 11-27-2013
I'm closed tomorrow (it's one of my three days off a year lol) and just found out neither mom has to work on Friday either!!! So I'm TWO DAYS OFF IN A ROW!! I almost fainted. I'm off every other Monday .. So like two days a month.... So I'm so excited!!!!!!!
Sunshine74 10:02 PM 11-27-2013
DCG who comes T/Th wasn't there this Tues so we called to find out where she was. I don't remember why she wasn't, but she asked (and was approved by director) to come Wed instead. And then said, "And she will be there Thurs like usual." My co-worker who had called said, "We are closed Thursday... it is Thanksgiving..." DCM said she didn't even realize.
Reply Up