Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Am I in the wrong here?
cara041083 05:55 AM 05-13-2014
Two weeks ago, I used a personal day to get some dental work done. They didn't get it all done so I have to go back again this Thursday to finish. I will also be sedated again. I have hired my sister (my back up) for the WHOLE day, and I will be paying her by the hour. I gave all the families the option to eaither come, or to stay home and I would credit there account for the day. Well they all said they would be here, so that determined on how much per hour I will be paying my sister. It will cost me over $100.00 for the day. Which Im totally fine with. Well the family I am having the most problems with came in today (2 days before the apt) and informed me that her 2 kids won't be here and she wants to use the credit. Ok I asked everyone 2 weeks ago about this and told them I had to know by that Friday, and every one said they would be here so I planned accordingly. So this morning, 2 days before the apt, she decided to change her mind, I told her she wouldn't be getting a credit, and she would still owe for the day. Now the mom is pissed and having a fit. Am I in the wrong here? I lined up my back up, bought lunch for her kids aged 3 and 6 months so that included formula. Yes granted my sister will be here with other DCK's and my own but still. I wouldn't be paying my sister so much if she didn't need to have a second infant, and my sister doesn't have a job, and I can't go back and say "well I can only pay you this much now". Am I in the wrong here?
Up