Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>payments by credit card
MCC 07:51 AM 08-22-2014
I tried to do a search, and came up with nothing. Does anyone use a credit card payment option that they like? I have two families wanting to use this service, and I thought that I could do it through minute menu, but I cant.

I could get a cube for my iphone, but would prefer to use a widget link on my website. Any recommendations??

Thanks!
Blackcat31 07:56 AM 08-22-2014
Several threads about accepting credit cards

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...t+card+payment
Crazy8 07:56 AM 08-22-2014
I have the square reader so not sure about a widget version (you could just use a paypal link?) but any of them are going to have fees attached. You have to find out if you are going to pass on the fees to parents or even if that is allowed in your state (different states have different rules on that).

I don't advertise that I even have the square reader because of the fees. If every family used it every week I would be out about $1,300 a year!!! No thank you. I will offer it up if I need to (parent out of checks, etc.).
MCC 08:28 AM 08-22-2014
Thank you, I just looked into the square, and yeah, the fees are intense.

Thanks BC, I don't know why I fail at searching.
AmyKidsCo 09:25 AM 08-22-2014
I don't yet but have a Paypal account - PP lets you is a credit card of you don't have a PP account, so that's how I would do it.
safechner 11:16 AM 08-22-2014
I am thinking about it too. I would like to charge fees for parents if they choose to use credit card (square) for my service. Can I charge them the fees? I am planning to re open my daycare around in September or October since my son already turned a year old.
Wubby 12:43 PM 08-22-2014
I've used the square for a couple of parents, but I make them pay the fees. They don't want to give check, cash or direct deposit, they can cough up the fee.
MOM OF 4 02:11 PM 08-22-2014
Originally Posted by safechner:
I am thinking about it too. I would like to charge fees for parents if they choose to use credit card (square) for my service. Can I charge them the fees? I am planning to re open my daycare around in September or October since my son already turned a year old.
I thought you couldn't charge the DCP's the fees themselves, but you could increase your rates so that the fees would be covered between all the parents? IDK someone else may know about that.
safechner 05:15 PM 08-22-2014
Originally Posted by MOM OF 4:
I thought you couldn't charge the DCP's the fees themselves, but you could increase your rates so that the fees would be covered between all the parents? IDK someone else may know about that.
Why not? It is the same thing if you want to make a payment over the phone to pay your bill and they do charge fees like maybe $10 or $15. If Texas is not allowed then I think it is silly. Where do you see Texas law is not allowed?
Reply Up