Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Just Curious...
jen 10:14 AM 02-23-2011
How many on here are parents as opposed to providers?
daycare 10:23 AM 02-23-2011
im both....lol sorry I know that's not what you were looking for.....
lil angels 10:52 AM 02-23-2011
I have been a provider for 11 yrs and a parent for 8.
DCMomOf3 10:55 AM 02-23-2011
I am both. Started as a working mom with my son in a center, then became a stay-at-home mom then started my home daycare.
blueclouds29 11:04 AM 02-23-2011
i am both also
jen 11:52 AM 02-23-2011
Hmmmm...No parents at all?

You know what I mean, guys! Parents as in NOT providers!
Michelle 01:21 PM 02-23-2011
I think I know what she's getting at:
yea I really think parents should have their own forum like we do, I have never seen posts from parents in the provider forum. (but I'm fairly new)
I read the parents forum because I want to know what parents think about the issues, but I never post except one time when I was posting just as a parent.
jen 06:13 AM 02-24-2011
I know we all theorize on WHY parent do or more often, fail to do, certain things with their kids. I was hoping there were some parents here who might enlighten me...
Cat Herder 06:17 AM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
I know we all theorize on WHY parent do or more often, fail to do, certain things with their kids. I was hoping there were some parents here who might enlighten me...
Check out Cafemom.....

I am HORRIFIED often.... type the words "Marijuana", "me time" or "babysitter attitude" in the search box for a real eye opener....
nikia 06:34 AM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Check out Cafemom.....

I am HORRIFIED often.... type the words "Marijuana", "me time" or "babysitter attitude" in the search box for a real eye opener....
I am going to have to check that out Maybe we should all banned together and talk up our wonderful daycare providers

Although after seeing some of the parents facebook pages talking about making marijuana legal Im not surprised by what is out there. And not legal for medical purposes
Cat Herder 06:48 AM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by nikia:
I am going to have to check that out Maybe we should all banned together and talk up our wonderful daycare providers

Although after seeing some of the parents facebook pages talking about making marijuana legal Im not surprised by what is out there. And not legal for medical purposes
Nah, "Mary-Jane Me Time" makes them better mothers, didn't you know....
jen 07:11 AM 02-24-2011
Agh, I think I'll check it out on a day when I'm not totally irritated people in general. I don't understand why people are failing to teach their children basic manners, why they come in in the morning asking ME to discipline a child that behaved poorly on their time. I just don't get it...
Tags:cafemom, discipline - consistency, forum members, social media
Reply Up