Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help I'm Stuck...I Have A Brain Toot And Need Help With Wording...Please
lvt77 07:41 PM 01-11-2011
I am so overwhelemd with all of the paper work I am doing I cant think straight...Can someone tell me if they feel this is fair and worded properly, if not could you help with the wording...............Thanks, going on 22nd hour straight of working..................ugh

I want to add this to my PHB:

Once you have signed your child out of daycare, I will no longer assume any responsibility for your child, as they are considered no longer under my care.

Thanks
missnikki 08:07 PM 01-11-2011
How about,

"An authorized adult's signature is required on the sign-out sheet at pick up. This signature releases the Daycare's liability in the event of an incident or emergency. Failure to provide a full signature will result in a $x.00 fee for each occurance after the first."

That's what I have, more or less... I know it sounds crazy having to charge for it, but you had better believe I keep very tidy records for that very reason. I think that is an area you cannot afford to have 'grey'. I haven't had any problems since I allow that first warning.
lvt77 08:14 PM 01-11-2011
you are a word god.....thank you so much!!
nannyde 04:32 AM 01-12-2011
What are you trying to protect yourself from? Is it the time from where the parent gets the child in the house to the time they pull out of the driveway?
missnikki 06:15 AM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
What are you trying to protect yourself from? Is it the time from where the parent gets the child in the house to the time they pull out of the driveway?
It's a business, and you can look at it as a daily contract between 2 adults- with a definitive beginning and end. The line of delineation is not a physical, geographic line that exists somewhere on your doorstep or driveway, but a time line based on the timestamp on the signature page. (I use an automated timeclock for this reason- I'm a stickler as I had said before.) So when (God forbid) little Sally runs into the street to get away from mommy and gets _____ (fill in blank with horrible accident) the mom cannot turn around and say, "It's your fault for letting her run around unsupervised."
dEHmom 06:27 AM 01-12-2011
This is a great idea. Plus it helps you keep track of the actual hours better. But I am curious, how do you get parents to do this? Just hang a sign in/out sheet at the door? They just sign the time and name? I think I want to do this.

I have my schedule for 2010 in my agenda book, when kids are booked. But of course the times change and sometimes the days, depending on different things. I find I forget to adjust it accordingly in the agenda when they leave early and such. Or when they switch a day, or cancel a day.

Or would it be better if I just did it myself? But then I can't prove it if Sally did run out the door whether mom has picked up or not.
lvt77 06:55 AM 01-12-2011
The reason that I want to add this, is mostly for the reason that missniki stated.

But now there is a whole new thing going on...go figure..

last night DCP was leaving with two kids, when the door was open I saw another DCM walking up to the door to get her child. Her child was standing right behind me and ran out the front door, ran up to his mom kissed her and then kept on running. no jacket no shoes in the rain...Seeing that I was in my house no shoes, I thought that the mom was going to get him....Nope he just kept on running and ran out into the street, chasing the two girls that just left.....DCM that had just arrived did NOTHING, she didnt want to get wet. I had to quickly get my shoes on and get him. Once bak inside DCM says oh your so silly......At this time I am looking at her like what planet are you from?? So in this situation, I would still be the one responsible, my previous rule would not apply....what to do??
missnikki 07:11 AM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by lvt77:
The reason that I want to add this, is mostly for the reason that missniki stated.

But now there is a whole new thing going on...go figure..

last night DCP was leaving with two kids, when the door was open I saw another DCM walking up to the door to get her child. Her child was standing right behind me and ran out the front door, ran up to his mom kissed her and then kept on running. no jacket no shoes in the rain...Seeing that I was in my house no shoes, I thought that the mom was going to get him....Nope he just kept on running and ran out into the street, chasing the two girls that just left.....DCM that had just arrived did NOTHING, she didnt want to get wet. I had to quickly get my shoes on and get him. Once bak inside DCM says oh your so silly......At this time I am looking at her like what planet are you from?? So in this situation, I would still be the one responsible, my previous rule would not apply....what to do??
At the moment the boy ran, I would have said, "Oh, there he goes, HURRY!" If she said anything at all, I would have said, "I've got the other kids, I have no shoes, I can't leave. LOOK, THERE HE GOES!"
dEHmom 07:15 AM 01-12-2011
ugh, my first daycare kids, I think I've mentioned these situations before on here somewhere but I'll say them again.

He was a difficult boy, but I quickly turned him into an awesome one. At least while he was here. He usually listened very well, and remembered the rules better than my own kids did. BUT as soon as his mom was here, he was a BAD kid. He literally run away down the street several times. When I'd intervene he would hum ho his way back into listening. But once my door closed, his mom was chasing him down the street, he was climbing up on the top of her car and jumping! She didn't do anything except keep saying "_____come on please, please get in your car seat" etc etc.

He literally run down the street I'm not exagerating. She had 2 boys, both gigantic kids. Baby was a yr old, and she would be buckling him in the car, and the older kid would bolt down the street. It was horrible watching that. Especially because I knew how well behaved he really was. There were many days because I could, I would help her to the car. But some days I couldn't. I knew it wasn't my job, but I couldn't imagine watching him get flattened into a pancake on the street while mom was buckling baby in car.
lvt77 07:15 AM 01-12-2011
I have decided in this short period of time that I am going to change where my sign in sign out book is located. I do have a dedicated back room with a gate that swings open and closed. I am going to put the log there so that they have to retrieve their kids from this room, not my front door.
lvt77 08:29 AM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by Baybee0585:
ugh, my first daycare kids, I think I've mentioned these situations before on here somewhere but I'll say them again.

He was a difficult boy, but I quickly turned him into an awesome one. At least while he was here. He usually listened very well, and remembered the rules better than my own kids did. BUT as soon as his mom was here, he was a BAD kid. He literally run away down the street several times. When I'd intervene he would hum ho his way back into listening. But once my door closed, his mom was chasing him down the street, he was climbing up on the top of her car and jumping! She didn't do anything except keep saying "_____come on please, please get in your car seat" etc etc.

He literally run down the street I'm not exagerating. She had 2 boys, both gigantic kids. Baby was a yr old, and she would be buckling him in the car, and the older kid would bolt down the street. It was horrible watching that. Especially because I knew how well behaved he really was. There were many days because I could, I would help her to the car. But some days I couldn't. I knew it wasn't my job, but I couldn't imagine watching him get flattened into a pancake on the street while mom was buckling baby in car.
this dck is the same way...he is so loving, sweet, smart and just love him here....but as soon as he smells his mom or dad......................you know how it goes....Down Hill.........lol
laundrymom 09:07 AM 01-12-2011
I have one of these and I promise, I am so stressed when they are here its NOT funny. theya re on vaca this week and its been so wonderful! starting monday though I am going to tell them he is not allowed outside without a parent, he seems to slip by them out the door why they get the baby. they get frustrated, I get scared, he gets his way. so I am going to talk to him, just before mom comes in,.. then again when mom is here, then again if need be. and stick him on a yellow chair if I have to.

Originally Posted by lvt77:
this dck is the same way...he is so loving, sweet, smart and just love him here....but as soon as he smells his mom or dad......................you know how it goes....Down Hill.........lol

Tags:handbook, phb
Reply Up