Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview Tomorrow
momofboys 03:01 PM 02-24-2011
I am trying for a nanny job again. I am trying not to get my hopes up yet but it is hard not to. This is a 4-day-a-week job (may have to occasionally work 5 days & SUMMERS OFF if I want-family can utilize a college student over the summer & mom can work from home if she chooses), 8:30ish - 5:00, close to my home (within 15 min or so), great pay with benefits (something I am not used to!), I can bring my preschooler with me, get my boys off to school before leaving, I will be able to sleep in instead of being ready for DC kids here at home at 6:15ish.

Tomorrow evening I have my second interview with this family. I am trying hard to keep my feelings in check. How can I really impress them? I am so worried about saying the wrong thing. Plus I will be taking my preschooler with me & I know it is a BIG test to see how he behaves. Deep breath!!! Anyway, anyone have any words of encouragement or advice? I have had 4 interviews like this before, I got 2 jobs offered to me, 2 turned me down & I turned down the jobs offered to me mostly b/c the pay was not good enough to be worth it. I am taking with me a selection of some art work my son & I have done this year. . . they are really interested in doing arts & crafts. Do you think that is a good idea? Okay, sorry this got sort of long.
Zoe 06:51 AM 02-25-2011
That sounds like a great set-up for you! The only advice I have is to be yourself. I know how hard it is to not let your nervousness show, but do your best to relax. If it really is the best fit for you, then it will happen as long as you are yourself.
Reply Up