Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Temporary Leave of Absence Form
DCP&Momof3 02:26 PM 08-15-2011
So I have a family that wants to take a temporary leave of absence. I was wondering if anyone else has had this come up and if so, does anyone have a form that they have the parent fill out? Basically something to the extent that they are paying a certain # of week's tuition to hold their spot while on leave and if they choose to not return that the money paid will go towards their 2 weeks final notice. I'm thinking that having them sign something would be good but I'm just not sure how to word it.
Thanks in advance!
Reply
learn-n-grow 02:29 PM 08-15-2011
I am in the same boat. I have a parent that is going on maternity leave some time in September and I don't mind holding the spot for her son and the new baby but I will also be losing out on pay so I'm wondering if it is fair to charge her something during the time she is away for keeping the spots available.
Reply
SandeeAR 02:57 PM 08-15-2011
Originally Posted by learn-n-grow:
I am in the same boat. I have a parent that is going on maternity leave some time in September and I don't mind holding the spot for her son and the new baby but I will also be losing out on pay so I'm wondering if it is fair to charge her something during the time she is away for keeping the spots available.
I had a parent on maternity leave. Her child was 3 days a week. She paid me full (part time) rate. She sent her child once or twice a week, depending on how things were going at home with sleep!
Reply
learn-n-grow 09:21 AM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
I had a parent on maternity leave. Her child was 3 days a week. She paid me full (part time) rate. She sent her child once or twice a week, depending on how things were going at home with sleep!
Did you require her to do this or was this something that she wanted to do?
Reply
squareone 09:44 AM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by DCP&Momof3:
So I have a family that wants to take a temporary leave of absence. I was wondering if anyone else has had this come up and if so, does anyone have a form that they have the parent fill out? Basically something to the extent that they are paying a certain # of week's tuition to hold their spot while on leave and if they choose to not return that the money paid will go towards their 2 weeks final notice. I'm thinking that having them sign something would be good but I'm just not sure how to word it.
Thanks in advance!
I would have them pay the hold fee and if they choose not to come back they still owe the two weeks. I would not apply the hold fee to the 2-week notice.
Reply
bice99 10:00 AM 08-16-2011
I have a form for "holding". States start and end date. Days/hours child will return. We both sign it. Half fees required in the same manner normal fees are due (1st of the month). I will hold for 2 months. After that, it's full rate. All my fams have paid it b/c they love me.
Reply
daycare 10:11 AM 08-16-2011
I just do a temp change in contract based off of this...



Extended Absences (1 month max hold)
Extended leave is any time a child is not in daycare for more than two consecutive weeks for potential absences such as: maternity leave, extended leave from your job, or family emergency. Unpaid extended leave is not offered, but using the following guidelines below, a spot can be kept open for your family:
A one month extended absence can be requested by providing a one month written notice to the provider for planned absences, such as family vacation or pregnancy. A verbal request will not be accepted.
Upon providerís approval of your requested extended absence, half of your contracted weekly fee will be required to hold your childís position. All fees must be paid on regular scheduled payments days, following normal payment policy. Failure to make on time payments will result in late fees or termination of contract (see tuition and fees), so please be sure to pay on time. If you do not secure your childís spot, provider cannot guarantee a spot for your child upon returning. A full time child may attend care during this time on an agreed upon consistent two days a week schedule. Attendance for part time children is not available during an extended leave. During this time you will need to make proper back up arrangements.
If the extended leave is unplanned, (ex: a serious illness) full payment is expected for the first two weeks off from care and the all the above guidelines must be met.
Reply
Tags:contracts, forms, holding, holding fee, holding spot - fee, holding spot policy, holding spots, leave of absence
Reply Up