Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mothers Day Fun but Cheap!
Country Kids 04:10 PM 05-06-2012
Just went and bought 7 little metal watering cans at the store and some tan potholders-$11.00

Tan potholders we will be putting their hand prints on!

Purchased some pansies to plant in watering cans-$2.50

Potting soil to use to plant pansies in watering cans-$2.88

Total $16.88

The kids will have a blast though and they will have some awesome gifts for the mamas on their special day!

The one thing I'm not sure of-if we use fabric paint to dip their hands in will it come off their hands easy or should we just use regular kids paint. I'm afraid if they wash it the paint will just wash out! Hopefully they would just hand it up and use it as pretty. Thats what I did with my son's that he made in first grade.
jojosmommy 06:01 PM 05-07-2012
I think fabric paint is washable from skin. Did you try it today? If so post a picture. I think this is a cute idea and I might use it for my kids to make for grandma for her birthday since we already finished our grandma's gift for mother's day.
Country Kids 06:14 PM 05-07-2012
The gal at michaels said yep, totally washable and we are doing this either tomorrow or the next day!

I'm not sure how to post pictures but will see if hubby or a teenager can help me-

My son made them in first grade and its still hanging on my fridge 3 years later and a daily reminder of him when he's gone at school and how proud he was of it when he gave it to me!
MyAngels 08:42 PM 05-07-2012
Such cute ideas! I was thinking of the potholder idea, too, but I haven't been able to find plain ones at the craft store. When I read that you used tan ones I was like "Duh, why didn't I think of that"
SilverSabre25 09:08 PM 05-07-2012
Hey, we're also planting pansies in watering cans! I found pretty shiny silver ones at Target ($2.50 apiece, but pretty and I only need 4). I need to get that done tomorrow, actually, thanks for reminding me.

Pretty sure that the fabric paint will come off fine. I like the pot holder idea...storing that for next year!
SunshineMama 04:42 AM 05-08-2012
I love the potholders idea!! We are going to do it tomorrow!
JJPlaycare 07:06 AM 05-08-2012
Another good idea.... I picked up little birdhouses on a stick to stand in a garden or a pot that we are painting! They were only a $1.00 at Target, couldn't pass it up!
godiva83 07:29 AM 05-08-2012
You guys always have such great ideas!!!
I am off on a watering can hunt lol
Country Kids 08:14 AM 05-08-2012
I bought my watering cans and the potholders all at the Dollar Tree!

We don't have a Target here but love the store when we go to an area that has one.
Reply Up