Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sale and Transfer In Texas !!
sammehra172 06:00 AM 02-27-2013
Ive been trying to search all over the forums for a answer to my question.
Basically to give a brief background I recently have just purchased my first daycare. Everything went smoothly in terms of buying a running daycare. Its licensed for 45 students and has a capacity of 65. Now we have had no broker involved it was straight contact from buyer and seller. The issue im hving is getting my daycare license, the seller has tried contacting the Licensing officer * after signing the papaers) but seems not to be getting in touch with her.(keeping going to her VM) My concern is will I be having to shut down the daycare untill i do get my license. Oh and the terms include the seller to be present untill march 31st. so can i run the business and hope i get the license in due time. also the seller never contacted the families that she has sold the business and from what i saw under california's sale and transfer guideline hasnt followed anything infact
what do you suggest can I follow the California guidelines because the Texas book is very vague .
and what are the proper guide line in selling a daycare business
Im in the state of Texas.

I would greatly appreciate your
itlw8 06:40 AM 02-27-2013
I know nothing about this except YOU need to be calling childcare licensing and getting the ball rolling FAST. Actually you should hav done this BEFORE you bought it.

Good luck.

A lady I know bought a childcare her in MO. Yes it was in operation but with a new owner al the regulations that had been grandfathered in because of regulation changes no longer applid to a nw owner. It cost her a TON of money to gt it up to current regulations.
Blackcat31 07:16 AM 02-27-2013
NOT trying to be rude, but why in the world would you purchase a child care center without researching things?

Why would you not have called licensing FIRST before doing anything else?

I just think that purchasing a child care center requires a bit of child care knowledge not only in child development but on the business side of things too.

Researching EVERYTHING should have been the very first thing you did.

However, since that isn't the case, I think you have two choices:

Other than that, there isn't really much you can do except go through the process like any other new provider.

Good luck! It sounds as though you have a long road ahead of you but one I really hope you are able to figure out and manage.

Owning and running a child care center can be VERY rewarding so wishing you the best!
Chuckles 05:34 PM 02-28-2013
You need to contact the Licensing office immediately. The intake line is available Monday through Friday 8a-5p 214-583-4253. If the old owner is no longer in possession of the day care, the permit is no longer valid. You must complete a new application packet and submit the required fees. After it is received by Licensing, they have 21 days to review it for completeness. If it is not complete or there are errors, you have to correct them. After it is accepted, they have 21 days to conduct the application inspection. At that time, everything should be ready and in compliance. The minimum standards for centers can be located at www.txchildcaresearch.org in case you haven't already found them. You need to ensure your health and fire inspections are up to date. If you have gas, that inspection should also be less than two years old. You need to have insurance. As someone previously mentioned, any grandfathers attached to the previous permit will no longer exist. I suggest reading the playground section very carefully. PM me if you have any other questions. Good luck.
Tags:sales, texas
Reply Up