Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Texas??
MsLaura529 04:12 AM 04-18-2013
I don't know if we have anybody from Texas, but I'm hoping none of you are affected by the fertilizer plant explosion. I hope that you all, and your friends and family are ok.

FYI - I'm ready for some happy news to come up on the front page ...
rmc20021 04:40 AM 04-18-2013
What part of Texas? My daughter is in Arlington...
Sunchimes 04:51 AM 04-18-2013
It was in West, Texas, just north of Waco (Central Texas). I'm in the area, the blast shook my house and my cats are still jumpy, but we are fine. It is raining cats and dogs on the poor people now, but I guess that will help with the fires. When I went to bed at 1 am they were saying 60-70 dead, but this morning they are saying 7-15, mostly volunteer firefighters.
MsLaura529 05:12 AM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
It was in West, Texas, just north of Waco (Central Texas). I'm in the area, the blast shook my house and my cats are still jumpy, but we are fine. It is raining cats and dogs on the poor people now, but I guess that will help with the fires. When I went to bed at 1 am they were saying 60-70 dead, but this morning they are saying 7-15, mostly volunteer firefighters.
So sad I am glad to hear that you are ok.
Evansmom 05:42 AM 04-18-2013
We are in Austin and I'm just hearing of this. It's raining here too.
Texasjeepgirl 12:35 PM 04-18-2013
I'm in Gainesville...
70 miles North of Dallas on I-35.. about 5 miles before you cross over the Red River to Oklahoma...
I only read about it..
My husband is a Concealed Handgun Instructor...
every 2 years he has to go to DPS ACADEMY to renew his license to teach..
He always goes with another friend.. and they ALWAYS stop at the same Czech bakery and buy DOZENS of Kolaches to eat while they are there.. and to bring home..
I've been to that bakery a few times on our way to Galveston to go on cruises...

Been a rough week..
The Boston bombing.. and this..
Also.. Sunday night my best friend lost her husband..
Massive Heart attack..
Rosary and visitation tonight..
dreading that...but must go for my friend..

Chin up folks.. is all I can think to say...
Chin up..

Starburst 02:06 PM 04-18-2013
I just started a group for California providers and there are groups for other states. Maybe you all should have one for Texas or southern providers like "Texas Roses" or "Southern Belles" or something like that.
JSBaker 02:48 PM 04-18-2013
Lewisville, Texas here! All we can do is pray for the folks affected by this horrible accident in West.
Texasjeepgirl is right on, West is very famous for their bakery goods! Practically everyone I know here in Texas stops by there when traveling that direction.
6colleen 04:02 PM 04-18-2013
Ennis Texas, another Czech town. Our whole house shook and windows rattled. We thought it was an earthquake. We are 55 miles north of West. Heart Breaking
Tags:texas
Reply Up