Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Did I Not Know About This Foaming Soap Dispenser Before Now?!
MyAngels 12:48 PM 09-17-2013
I was cruising through Bed Bath & Beyond and saw this soap dispenser: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/...soap-pump.html

This thing is great! Just a little soap, a lot of water, and it dispenses a nice foam soap. Just one squirt for the kids washes their hands perfectly, it doesn't take forever to rinse off like the undiluted soap does. They never use more than one squirt where they used to do two or even three of the regular stuff.

You guys probably all have one already, right?

Blackcat31 12:50 PM 09-17-2013
Wow! That IS cool! I always buy the Bath & Body Works foaming soap but would love to have a dispenser that "foams" it for me.
mema 12:51 PM 09-17-2013
I use an empty one from Bath and Body works and just refill it with soap and water. I got a heck of deal on some winter scents a few years ago, so I have a few empty ones if the ones I have get nasty
Play Care 12:51 PM 09-17-2013
I want that!!
Familycare71 12:53 PM 09-17-2013
Yes-
But I have store bought- I didn't know they sold a dispenser separately! I love foam soap! It is so much less messy
Cradle2crayons 12:56 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by mema:
I use an empty one from Bath and Body works and just refill it with soap and water. I got a heck of deal on some winter scents a few years ago, so I have a few empty ones if the ones I have get nasty
Same here!!
Lavender 12:57 PM 09-17-2013
The daycare I work at has ones for the kids old enough to wash their own hands. Not only does it dispense foaming soap, but it has a sensor. They just put their hands under it and get their soap.
butterfly 12:59 PM 09-17-2013
I refill a regular one too. Love it!!
MyAngels 01:11 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by mema:
I'm so behind the times - I didn't know BBW sold foaming soap I'll have to check them out for dispensers for the other bathrooms. I gave $8 after coupon for this one, so it'd be cheaper to pick up some on clearance I think
Country Kids 01:41 PM 09-17-2013
I bought soap in the foaming dispensar already at WalMart and just refill it with soap and water.

Probably a little cheaper then the one at BBB
Blackcat31 01:43 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by Lavender:
The daycare I work at has ones for the kids old enough to wash their own hands. Not only does it dispense foaming soap, but it has a sensor. They just put their hands under it and get their soap.
I HAD (past tense ) one of those but once the kiddos figured out the sensor thing, you can only imagine how often they wanted to wash their hands or just make a quick swipe when it wasn't necessary.....just because....
lovemylife 01:49 PM 09-17-2013
I want one!!!
Familycare71 02:47 PM 09-17-2013
I get mine at aldi's...
melilley 03:13 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I'm so behind the times - I didn't know BBW sold foaming soap I'll have to check them out for dispensers for the other bathrooms. I gave $8 after coupon for this one, so it'd be cheaper to pick up some on clearance I think
You can buy any ol foaming soap dispenser (I have Meijer brand) and refill it with soap and water. It's a lot cheaper than buying a foam soap every time. I didn't know that you could refill them until a few months ago!
Meeko 03:48 PM 09-17-2013
I buy a foaming soap from BBW and also a shower gel in the same scent. When the foaming soap is used up, put about 2 inches of the shower gel in the soap bottle and fill with water. Same smell and result.....for a fraction of the price. The foaming soaps are actually a huge rip off as you are paying for mainly water. But I like 'em! So this way makes me REALLY happy!
blandino 04:17 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I buy a foaming soap from BBW and also a shower gel in the same scent. When the foaming soap is used up, put about 2 inches of the shower gel in the soap bottle and fill with water. Same smell and result.....for a fraction of the price. The foaming soaps are actually a huge rip off as you are paying for mainly water. But I like 'em! So this way makes me REALLY happy!
This also works with baby shampoo.
JoseyJo 04:32 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I bought soap in the foaming dispensar already at WalMart and just refill it with soap and water.

Probably a little cheaper then the one at BBB
LOL! I should have thought to make a "refillable" one and patent it! I have been refilling a regular dial foaming handsoap bottle with a little regular soap and the rest water for a long time
misslori50 02:43 PM 09-18-2013
I just bought one at the store and now refil it with soap and water. Its great
tjones34 09:31 AM 09-19-2013
I bought mine yesterday from BBB....excited
countrymom 10:07 AM 09-19-2013
I just by the soap from bath and body works. they are so cheap and I like to change the scent. I even have a pumpkin one. The foam is the best for kids

as for the sensor, mine would go off if someone was close to it or my cat would set it off.
My3cents 10:42 AM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I HAD (past tense ) one of those but once the kiddos figured out the sensor thing, you can only imagine how often they wanted to wash their hands or just make a quick swipe when it wasn't necessary.....just because....
me too. I go for the dollar store soap now
KIDZRMYBIZ 11:01 AM 09-19-2013
I don't have a foamer anymore. I would get the dial one, too, but they always broke on the top (some aggressive hand-washers here). So I just refill an el cheapo one with Equate Milk and Honey soap, but here's the trick...wrap a rubberband around and around the "stem" so the dispenser can only be pushed down a little bit, thus only a little bit of soap comes out. My provider friends and DCP's love this little trick!
daycarediva 11:04 AM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by KMK:
I don't have a foamer anymore. I would get the dial one, too, but they always broke on the top (some aggressive hand-washers here). So I just refill an el cheapo one with Equate Milk and Honey soap, but here's the trick...wrap a rubberband around and around the "stem" so the dispenser can only be pushed down a little bit, thus only a little bit of soap comes out. My provider friends and DCP's love this little trick!
STOLEN! I am going to get a rubber band around mine right now!
Tags:handwashing, soap, soap dispenser
Reply Up