Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Genital Play
Unregistered 12:31 PM 04-03-2017
I don't even know where to start, my daughter 3.5 told me as I was cleaning her in the bathroom "mommy don't look and don't touch at my "peepee" like X and Y did". As I questioned her more on what happened she stated that two boys in her classroom took her pants off and touched her privates. I immediately called the daycare director and she said that this is normal for 3 year olds to be curious and that the daycare had to remove all playhouses etc. because of this. What makes me furious is the fact that this happened in the classroom where two teachers were present! How do you not see this kind of "play". I have no idea what to do?? Do I look for another day care, do I file an official complaint? I know that kids are curios but where do you draw the line?
Has anyone experienced similar issue?
Ariana 12:35 PM 04-03-2017
If this happened to my child I would be calling someone and file a complaint. I am sorry but this is not normal behavior at this age. Curiosity during toilet routine might be normal but pulling pants down and touching? Nope!

I would be putting my child in a new daycare as well.
hellothere94 02:40 PM 04-03-2017
sexual exploration in children of the same age is common and normal, but this sounds strange for two reasons. This happened in a classroom, and it also seemed to happen without consent. It sounds like the classroom teacher was not paying attention and also not teaching the kids that this isn't appropriate school behavior, if they did teach them it wouldn't be a reoccurring problem right? I would find a new place for your girl because who knows what else is going on there if they do not reprimand bad behavior and don't keep a close watch on the kids. I wouldn't want to keep my kid at a place where they don't teach boys that consent is important, because that would put my kid at risk for more abuse.
Blackcat31 02:45 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I don't even know where to start, my daughter 3.5 told me as I was cleaning her in the bathroom "mommy don't look and don't touch at my "peepee" like X and Y did". As I questioned her more on what happened she stated that two boys in her classroom took her pants off and touched her privates. I immediately called the daycare director and she said that this is normal for 3 year olds to be curious and that the daycare had to remove all playhouses etc. because of this. What makes me furious is the fact that this happened in the classroom where two teachers were present! How do you not see this kind of "play". I have no idea what to do?? Do I look for another day care, do I file an official complaint? I know that kids are curios but where do you draw the line?
Has anyone experienced similar issue?
My concern is why you heard about this from your child and not the daycare.

THAT would make me find a new daycare.
Mike 02:49 PM 04-03-2017
I would probably file a complaint and definitely find another provider. They shouldn't have been un-monitored long enough for that to happen, and even if it was quick, you should have been notified at least.
hellothere94 03:39 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My concern is why you heard about this from your child and not the daycare.

THAT would make me find a new daycare.
this too, makes me wonder what else they don't tell you.
Lovisa 04:07 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by blackcat31:
my concern is why you heard about this from your child and not the daycare.

That would make me find a new daycare.
this.
kendallina 05:19 PM 04-03-2017
Yes, the director or teacher should have informed you that day.

And, yes curiosity about genitals is completely normal. And when children are curious about something, they generally want to touch it as well. Completely normal. Not acceptable, obviously, but normal.
Reply Up