Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closing letter
mamabears77 09:45 AM 05-09-2011
Hello Ladies,

I am new to daycare.com, and so happy that I found you
I have been doing daycare/preschool for the last 6 years. My husband just got a job offer, and we are taking it. It is in another state, three hours away. Today, I need to sit down and write a letter for all of my parents. I decided to give them 30 days notice. With this being said, I still would like to hold them up to the contract instated. The contract says that I require 30 days notice, and payment will still apply during that notice period. I know that MOST of the parents will keep their children til the end, but I have one high maintenance mom, with three kids here. I have been caring for all but one of my daycare children for four years now. Most of them pay per two weeks in advance, but HM mom pays per month. She could easily skip out on the first.

Could anyone offer me some tips on what to say. I would like to be fair about the payment issue but the words are escaping me

Thanks in advance
~Kristen
Reply
wdmmom 10:54 AM 05-09-2011
Dear Families:

It is with deepest regret that I inform you effective (date) I will be closing the doors to the daycare. Our family has decided to pursue other avenues and we will be moving out of state.

It has been an extreme pleasure to work for each of you.

Per the terms of our contracts, if you decide to find alternate care before the closing of my business, you must provide me with (amount of notice.)

_______________________

I also have a spot in my contract that states that if a parent decides to terminate services, payment for 1 full month is required on the day notice is given.

You might want to add that in there so you don't have DCM leave without notice.
Reply
nannyde 11:57 AM 05-09-2011
Do you have to give a month?

If you want to get paid to a certain date I would do a letter two weeks before your last day.
Reply
mamabears77 12:28 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Do you have to give a month?

If you want to get paid to a certain date I would do a letter two weeks before your last day.
Hello,

Not necessarily, I just felt I should. My last day will be the last day of school & summer break beginning. I didn't want to leave people high and dry so close to summer. What do you think? My last day will be June 17th. What day would you give them notice?
Reply
mamabears77 12:29 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Dear Families:

It is with deepest regret that I inform you effective (date) I will be closing the doors to the daycare. Our family has decided to pursue other avenues and we will be moving out of state.

It has been an extreme pleasure to work for each of you.

Per the terms of our contracts, if you decide to find alternate care before the closing of my business, you must provide me with (amount of notice.)

_______________________

I also have a spot in my contract that states that if a parent decides to terminate services, payment for 1 full month is required on the day notice is given.

You might want to add that in there so you don't have DCM leave without notice.

This is perfect, thank you!
Reply
Michael 12:38 PM 05-09-2011
More "Closing Letter" threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...closing+letter
Reply
nannyde 12:47 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by mamabears77:
Hello,

Not necessarily, I just felt I should. My last day will be the last day of school & summer break beginning. I didn't want to leave people high and dry so close to summer. What do you think? My last day will be June 17th. What day would you give them notice?
June 3rd

Unless you are in an area where care is hard to find they should be fine. On our craiglist today there were 37 daycare posts by noon. My area is saturated with providers.
Reply
morgan24 12:48 PM 05-09-2011
If you also have to give them 30 days notice, give it to them 30 days before you close. I would still be prepared because some of them are going to find care before the 30 days are up and will not want to pay you for the rest of the 30 day notice and pay their new daycare.
Reply
Tags:closing letter
Reply Up