Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-20-2018, 07:24 PM
Homebody's Avatar
Homebody Homebody is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 206
Default This is So Disturbing!

This is from my local news. This place needs to be shut down! I feel so sick to my stomach reading this article. I can't believe they are exempt from having a State License and getting inspections just because they are considered a school!

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...-alleged-abuse
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-20-2018, 09:38 PM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,494
Default

Ugh I wish I had read your line about being sick to your stomach reading the article because I am feeling that way now too. I feel like I read someone on here from Missouri post that their licensing rules are pretty lax compared to other states but my god this makes no sense to me. So if you call yourself a “school” you’re just exempt from licensing as long as you turn in a curriculum? What the what?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-20-2018, 10:00 PM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,161
Default

It was horrible! Besides the direct abuse/neglect, those pics of the plates of food....YUCK! Poor kids.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-21-2018, 10:40 AM
Gemma's Avatar
Gemma Gemma is online now
Childcare Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 1,126
Default

It shouldn't matter if they're school (or church) operated facilities, all daycare should be held to the same basic standards
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-21-2018, 11:01 AM
Bluemoon5's Avatar
Bluemoon5 Bluemoon5 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 66
Default

So, a swaddled infant on his stomach, on a boppy. Losing a kid's inhaler and not informing staff of his condition. How have they not killed anyone yet!?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-21-2018, 11:12 AM
Homebody's Avatar
Homebody Homebody is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemoon5 View Post
So, a swaddled infant on his stomach, on a boppy. Losing a kid's inhaler and not informing staff of his condition. How have they not killed anyone yet!?
Exactly what I was thinking! This why they need to be shut down before a child loses their life!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-23-2018, 05:36 AM
CeriBear's Avatar
CeriBear CeriBear is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 362
Default

I couldn’t even finish watching. How disgusting. Just looking at those dirty nap mats and plates of food makes me sick to my stomach. And the reports of neglect and abuse? This place needs to be shut down.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-24-2018, 03:27 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,647
Default

So much wrong with that place! I don't understand why, whether the place is considered affiliated with a school or not, it wasn't subject to licensing scrutiny??? Why don't the same rules and regs. apply as through out the rest of the state? Don't schools get checked out?? And how did that one employee make it 4 months without reporting to officials in the first place? Or any of the employees for that matter?? It boggles the mind how this could've kept going on without 'stirring' the pot'.
Most of the pictures were disgusting, disturbing and very sad to think kids were living that while parents were working. Also, were there more parents that came out to speak up after the shutdown? Seems to be so little said about that.

Wait, have they NOT shut them down?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-24-2018, 07:22 AM
Homebody's Avatar
Homebody Homebody is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
So much wrong with that place! I don't understand why, whether the place is considered affiliated with a school or not, it wasn't subject to licensing scrutiny??? Why don't the same rules and regs. apply as through out the rest of the state? Don't schools get checked out?? And how did that one employee make it 4 months without reporting to officials in the first place? Or any of the employees for that matter?? It boggles the mind how this could've kept going on without 'stirring' the pot'.
Most of the pictures were disgusting, disturbing and very sad to think kids were living that while parents were working. Also, were there more parents that came out to speak up after the shutdown? Seems to be so little said about that.

Wait, have they NOT shut them down?
It's my understanding that this place is still open, and the state has not said if they will look into the matter.

I live about a half hour from this place, but I'm in Kansas. I was not aware at how lax Missouri is in their regulations, and shocked that they could be exempt from inspections just because they turn in a curriculum.

Something definitely needs to change here.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-25-2018, 05:33 PM
LysesKids's Avatar
LysesKids LysesKids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
Ugh I wish I had read your line about being sick to your stomach reading the article because I am feeling that way now too. I feel like I read someone on here from Missouri post that their licensing rules are pretty lax compared to other states but my god this makes no sense to me. So if you call yourself a “school” you’re just exempt from licensing as long as you turn in a curriculum? What the what?
I lived and ran my infant childcare on the MO/KS line just over 10 years ago (just as KS was changing it's laws)... like literally less than 2 blocks from State Line Rd in Kansas City... I was constantly turned into KS officials by other providers thinking I was breaking the law, when I actually lived on MO side & I was a legally registered home for 4 babes. Still have the paperwork because I took subsidy then. The laws differ so much... You don't even have to register in the state when you homeschool.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
article, exempt programs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Horrible and Disturbing Incident Second Home Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 09-12-2014 02:29 PM
Sending Children Home For Disturbing 'Class' Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 04-02-2014 06:13 AM
Craigslists Disturbing kelsey's kids Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 6 10-08-2013 03:34 PM
Disturbing Thing DCB Said countrymom Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 1 05-15-2012 01:11 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:43 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming